cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Input: File to SAP integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i have to pick a file and send to SAP CRM system, but the catch is i need to check whether the customer number (coming in the file) exist in ECC and if it doesnt then i have to cerate the same first in ECC and then send the file to SAP CRM system.

Points to be noted: 1) One file can have multiple records may be thousands records but only few records are having customer number which doeS not exist. So i have to create the customer details in  ECC for those records only.

2) The file needs to be send to CRM once the customer is sucesfully integrated in ECC system.

Kindly suggest me a good approach to develop this scenario (i dont want to use BPM for this).

Thanks

Vasant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

You can choose another approach also.

First using FCC you can get customer number from file .

Then in mapping you can use rfc lookup. for checking and creating the customer number for that from ECC.

if above is successful then you forward your message to CRM

Regards

Gagandep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

Thanks for the reply.

But RFC lookup approach wont be good idea because xml file can have more than 500-600 records and there will be multiple instances of such huge files.

Any other approach.

Thanks!!

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vasant

But RFC lookup approach wont be good idea because xml file can have more than 500-600 records and there will be multiple instances of such huge files.

for this you can see Shabarish Vijayakumar blog is available @ Graphical RFC Lookup and How you can design lookups for multiple values to be retrieved in a single ....

Regards

Gagandeep

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasanth,

I dont think RFC lookup is a right idea in your case.

Try below appraoch,

Ask ABAP team to develop a program to read file from FTP and validate the file and they have to remove records in validation process(customer not created records) and they have place validated file in same FTP with rename.

Renaming required because you can identify the validated and not validated files.

once validated file placed in FTP , then develop scenario to File to CRM.

PS: Sometime validation become more tough in PI

Even you can try RFC look up but not sure about stability.

Regards,

Raj

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vasant,

Firstly, you can upload the file in SAP ECC and validate if the customer records exists in ECC, if no, then create the same in SAP ECC.

Is your SAP ECC connected to SAP CRM? This would help you to leverage SAP CRM Middleware, so that Customer created in SAP ECC can flow to SAP CRM automatically.

Hope my reply helps.

Regards,

Kapil Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for the reply.

But how will i make sure that that the customer has been created in ECC because then only i need to send the file to CRM system.

>>This would help you to leverage SAP CRM Middleware, so that Customer created in SAP ECC can flow to SAP CRM automatically.

Can this flow be in a reverse order like CRM middleware can replicate the data from CRM to ECC also??

Thanks

Vasant

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vasant,

Here you go!

- Once you have created customer in ECC, you would get success from the BAPI/FM after which you can proceed to send info to SAP CRM.

- Yes, SAP CRM Middleware can replicate data from SAP CRM to SAP ECC.

Regards,

Kapil Patil