cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Monitoring in RZ20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a problem while configuring background job monitor in solman.

I made an entry of all the background jobs names in ALBTCMON table in production system and when i check RZ20 tcode of solman system, i can't find the new entry except the old default job details.

Please suggest how to get the background jobs list in solman rz20 tcode.

Regards

Shanthosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked the background job monitoring in production system ( RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Monitor Templates --> Background Processing --> System Wide --> Background --> Background Job Monitoring) i can see only the below mentioned job.

SAP_SRT_COLLECTOR_FOR_MONITORING

SAP_SRT_REORG_LOG_TRACE

SAP_SRT_SEQ_DELETE_BGRFC_QUEUES

SAP_SRT_SEQ_DELETE_TERM_SEQ

But when i check ALBTCMON table in se16, it shows all the background job name which i transported from development system.

Please advice if i need to do any settings in production system for the table, so that i can get to see the background job name in solution manager.

FYI.. ALBTCMON table is already active in production system.

Regards

Shanthosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any ideas/suggestion regarding the issue?

Regards

Shanthosh

sean_collins2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this?

I know from past experience, mine have only appeared in Background Monitoring after a complete restart once the transport for ALBTCMON.

Interestingly, mine have now disappeared after another restart of ECC over the weekend.

regards,

Sean Collins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean Collins,

I didn't find any answer.

As a work around i'm using AbortedJobs MTE which returns an alert for all the cancelled job on a particular server.

In my case i didn't try restarting the server, as it was our production server .

Regards

Shanthosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any solution on how to get the background list in RZ20 solution manager for background job monitoring?

Regards

SHanthosh

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To activate the job monitoring, ensure that the corresponding data collection method
starts to collect data automatically.

1) Go to RZ21 select Method Definition and Display Overview

2) Check the Data collection method CCMS_BATCH_MONITORING

As a startup method, the Execute method immediately after start of a Monitoring
Segment indicator should be active.

To view the information immediately in transaction RZ20, set the segment for the
central instance to warmup status as described below:
• Start transaction RZ21.
• Choose Segment overview → Change → Edit → Select segment of the central
instance → Reset to WARMUP status.
• After a few minutes, you will find the Background Job monitoring node in the
All Monitoring Contexts monitor of the SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors
monitor set.

Regards
Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I followed the steps you suggested, but still the jobs list are missing in RZ20 tcode.

Please do let me know if i need to perform any other addition task/configuration to get the job list.

Regards

SHanthosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanthosh,

you have to follow note   553953.  I hope this helps.

regards,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I followed the note 553953 earlier before starting to background job monitoring.

the actual step i followed is as below.

1. Add  the high priority jobs in the development system ALBTCMON table and a transport request was created.

2. Transported the tr request to the production system.

3. Checked if the background job monitoring is activated or not and it is found to activated.

When i configure background job monitoring for development system i can find the list of high priority jobs i added in the ALBTCMON table, but when trying to configure it for production system in rz20 tcode im able to find the default 4 jobs and the high priority job in which i added are missing for the production system.

Please suggest me on how to get the list of high priority jobs in solution manager rz20 tcode.

Regards

Shanthosh