SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No records for 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

At PIPE I have records for the Control and Financial Movements datasources, but I can generate any records for the TRAN_TOTALS one.

Should they come via IDOC as the other ones? Or are they generated inside POSDM once the control/financial are processed.

Where can I see this records on the PIPE workbench? POS Aggregates?

All datasource are correctly initialized (Delta w/o Data transfer).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

it0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ito,

I hope you would have followed the delta method as mentioned below

Initializing the Delta Method

Use

You must initialize the delta method as specified here. A complete upload or initialization with data transfer would lead to an error, since there is no setup table for the data from the PIPE. For more information, see SAP Note 739970.

Procedure

1. Set the Initialization without Data Transfer indicator for the InfoSources 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL and 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS in the relevant InfoPackage under Update Maintenance ® Initialization of the Delta Method.

Result

The initialization results in two entries in the delta queue (transaction RSA7) for 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL and 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS, one entry for delta init without data transfer and the second for the actual delta transfer

Also check whether the task "Supply BW with distribution" is configured as automatic processing or else you may have to use /POSDW/PDIS for the processing.

Another thing to note about is the failure of "Totals Balancing Task " may also lead to no updates in "0RT_PA_TRANS_TOTALS "

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Financial Transaction you have to use IDOC WPUFIB from POS DM to ECC. for CONTROL transaction you can go to SE16 and to /posdw/tlogs Table there you will get all type (sales, goods, contorl etc.) in store/day combination.

in POS DM Workbench you can also check by selecting Store/day then by selecting Sales movement/Goods movement/ Control transaction etc.

normally we will do aggregation of Sales & Goods movements in POS DM, if you want to check Aggregartes you can go to SE16 and use /posdw/AGGR or /posdw/aggr01/02/03 there you will get all aggregates.

Hope it helps.

BR

Anup

0 Kudos

Hi Anup.

Thanks for yout answer. I think I didn't explain myself quite good. Control and Financial transaction datasources work ok. My problem is at totals datasource.

At RSA7, the delta queue for this data source is empty. I have tried to process aggregates on POSDM but it's still empty...

How can I get records for this datasource?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ito,

I hope you would have followed the delta method as mentioned below

Initializing the Delta Method

Use

You must initialize the delta method as specified here. A complete upload or initialization with data transfer would lead to an error, since there is no setup table for the data from the PIPE. For more information, see SAP Note 739970.

Procedure

1. Set the Initialization without Data Transfer indicator for the InfoSources 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL and 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS in the relevant InfoPackage under Update Maintenance ® Initialization of the Delta Method.

Result

The initialization results in two entries in the delta queue (transaction RSA7) for 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL and 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS, one entry for delta init without data transfer and the second for the actual delta transfer

Also check whether the task "Supply BW with distribution" is configured as automatic processing or else you may have to use /POSDW/PDIS for the processing.

Another thing to note about is the failure of "Totals Balancing Task " may also lead to no updates in "0RT_PA_TRANS_TOTALS "

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

I have all this initialized.

Yet, I don't see the data in RSA7 - Delta Queue.

Besides, sometimes I get the data in the error list at BI.

Does that mean, the data I'm sending from workbench(by running tasks) is invalid or my POSDM config is wrong?

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Aram.

First of all, thanks for the answer.

The deltas are propertly initialized (delta without transfer).

The system is configured to execute the task Supply BW with distribution.

What do you mean by:

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Ito,

Can you please check the POSDM config for the Task "Supply BW with Distribution" for the Type of Task in the below menu path

POS Inbound Processing -> Tasks -> One-Step Processing -> Define Tasks

If its set to "Manual Processing" in which case you have to manually process the tasks from POS Workbench.You can also check the "Messages" section on the Right side of the POS Workbench to know which tasks have been processed successfully and reasons for failure if any.

Regarding Totals Balancing Check - its a separate Task in POSDM which is used to identify if any information has been lost during the data inbound processing and if the reconciliation figures from the store do meet the numbers calculated by POS DM from the transactional data.

Failing of this job means that the Totals record is initially not provided to BW

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram.

Thanks for the answer.

Regardin Totals Balancing Check I've seen that this task is only for total transactions.

rigth now we load transactions for WPUBON and WPUFI How can we load total transactions? Is the same total transactions that aggregate transactions?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

it0

0 Kudos

Hi Ito,

The overall process would be as given below(once the transactions are in POSWorkbench)

One Step Processing

1.Information sent to BW - Sales,Control and End of Day Transactions(Data Input) and Data Processing in Delta Queue 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL and 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS (Data Output) using Tcode /POSDW/PDIS or Automatic Processing and this is followed by the Extraction of Delta QUeue information into BW(execute BW process chains in RSPC)

2.Generate IDocs for SAP Retail(based on the business requirements it may include WPUFIB,WPUWBW and WPUBON) since these are part of One-Step Processing Tasks

Two-Step Processing

1.Execute Aggregation Task for ERP Retail processing(Sales and Tenders with Aggregation)  using /posdw/pdis

2.Generate Idocs from Aggregation Tasks - WPUUMS and WPUTAB using Tcode /posdw/odis

3.Send idocs from to SAP Retail - WPUUMS and WPUTAB using BD87

You may wish to refer to the below link on POSDM for more detailed information

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_posdm101/helpdata/en/C8/642344102740F1BA74A9BE390E4AC5/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.