Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 AAE IDOC resend not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I wonder about the following issue:

A PI 7.3 with receiver AAE IDOC Adapter was not able to deliver IDOCs because the target system was temporarily not available due to a system restart.

Message Monitoring shows Java exceptions:

Exception occurred in Adapter-Framework: javax.resource.spi.CommException: Connection couldn't be reestablished. com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

So far ok. After target system is available again the current IDOCs are processed without problems.

But if I try to resend the stuck ones, this seems to be not possible:

IDoc: Exception before sending : java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.idoc.ra.vo.IDocOutboundTx.getTransactionId() of an object loaded from local variable outtx

Any idea how to resend an IDOC via a SAP PI 7.3 AAE receiver IDOC Adapter?

I searched the troubleshooting guides and the forums but could not find anything on resending IDOCs in SAP PI 7.3.

I cannot believe that might not be possible.

Thank you

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For resolving this issue have a look at SAP Note 1730792.

Regards

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Got the same message: Running Idoc local AAE processing on NW 7.3 SP5

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection IDoc_AAE_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.idoc.ra.vo.IDocOutboundTx.getTransactionId() of an object loaded from local variable outtx

First failure reported

IDoc: Exception before sending : javax.resource.spi.CommException: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: CPIC-CALL: CMRCV on convId: 40830352

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode
ERROR       connection to partner <host>:<gw> broken
TIME        Thu Sep 27 09:11:40 2012
RELEASE     720
COMPONENT   NI (network interface)
VERSION     40
RC          -6
MODULE      nixxi.cpp
LINE        5087
DETAIL      NiIRead: P=<ip>; L=<ip>

SYSTEM CALL recv
ERRNO       104
ERRNO TEXT  Connection reset by peer
COUNTER     101
(remote system is <SID>|<host>)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Got the same error.

But in spite of the error in PI the receiver R3 system has successfully received the IDocs from PI.

So, this must be some bug in PI.

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing  issue after updating to latest patch as per recommendation from  SAP.

We Are using java only PI7.3 sp7.    We were seeting this issue earlier that PI we see this error message  but Idoc delivered to ECC successfully. 

But now applying patch as per SAP recommendation.  now its giving me same error again and now no Idoc has been created in  ECC too. 

I have checked all the services and proeprties but seems all are okay,

I any one have any input then let me know.

regards

Rams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, it looks like a bug. Try to search for SAP notes or implement latest support packages for your system. If the error persists, report a product error.

Regards, Martin