Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business area change

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The Wbs status is released& settlement rule created.

i am unable to chnage the business area

i have seen in opuk input mode only & also try out the mass change functionality.

it gives the error message anyway of changing the business area

No actual/plan cost posting on wbs

john

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to create a substitution and execute for the project.  Substitution also not working..seems like its Standard Behaviour (not allowing to change master data) and may not be able to change once cost is posted.

If your business demand different business area for same WBS keep the Business Area empty and ensure the business area is flowing thru other transactions.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

This happens if you have Released your project and booked some cost on it.

Even though,if you want to change the ' business area ' you have to reverse the documented posted on you project for example: GRN, activity confirmation etc.

First, you analyze them and then reverse the docs. then run CJEN

and see if you can change business Area.

Before that, You check project profile of your project in OPSA and check if you have maintained any Business area there. As , I doubt how the system will respond on reversing docs because reversing will also lead to a document but with -ve entry , and in this case the business area may greyed out.

You please check it from your end and see how the system behaves.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

i have not made any plan/actual  posting whatsoever.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please see the SAP Note 511833 and the given below link. You may find something useful there.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1078514

Regards

Ankur

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Business Area belongs to FI Accounting for reporting purpose. The system will not allow you to change it so easily. Go through the below thread which may be useful.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1268213

Regards,

MRD

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

mohan

i have already gone through few other threads

i am searching for answer ,how to do it