cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any "Copy to clipboard" function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a function where in for example there is a table, when I click the cell it automatically copies the value of the cell to the clipboard.

i tried using this: http://www.javapractices.com/topic/TopicAction.do?Id=82 but it won't work.

Any idea on do this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Unfortunately, this is not possible. Most browsers (except IE) won't let you even access the clipboard using JavaScript due to security and privacy concerns...

What is it that you want to achieve with the copied value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, noted. well basically, its just to make things faster. for example rather than to copy and paste, you can just click the cell then it automatically copies the value of the cell then paste it to an external file

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if it is possible at all, but if you're not restricted to using the web browser, you might take a look at the NWBC desktop application. Since it's a desktop application, in theory you should be able to access the windows clipboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I guess its not possible, the client must deal with the fact that they should highlight and copy. Correct?

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid so... But maybe an export to a file (XLS, cSV, etc) will do as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay. well the client doesn't like the export to excel cause it slow down the process. Thank you for answering.

Answers (0)