cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign a site to a user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a user and a new site in SAP ME6.0

Now if i want to assign this new site to this new user? how to do it?

In UME, I cannot see any "customized" button from where i can set the site for this user. Also, in site switch i cannot see any site except the default site ( i donot want to do anything in default site. so i have created a new site but unable to assign it to the new user).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

First assign your new user to user group in the new site.  The SITE_ADMIN user can be used to do this.

Then in NW In Identity Management, choose the Configuration button.

On the Configuration screen, choose the User Administrator UI tab and choose the Modify Configuration button.

In the Adminstrator-Management Custom Attributes field, enter the following data:

SAPME:DEFAULT SITE

Save your entries.

After you have created the Default Site field, you can assign default site to a user as follows:

Log on to SAP NetWeaver as administrator user.

Navigate to Identity Management and select user that you want to assign default site to.

Choose Modify button and on the Customized Information tab page, enter name of the site in the

Default Site field.

Note that you have to assign user to this site prior assigning this site as default for this user.

Save your entries.

The above procedure is detailed in the SAP ME security guide

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. got it..

now my new user is assigned to new site.

one more help required.

i can see 2-3 sites when i go to site:switch. what if i want to assign this new user to one and only one site(new site in my case, that is being already assigned)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why you do see several sites. I've just checked the following scenario:

- created a new site;

- created a new user as a copy of site_admin;

- assigned the new site to this user in UME;

- logged in to * global site as site_admin and switched to the new site;

- assigned there the new user to ADMINISTRATORS user group;

- logged off;

- logged in as the new user;

- the system brought me directly to the new site;

- when I clicked site switch, there was no available site. So, I could access only the new site with this new user.

You should check the configuration of this user on all sites which you see as available in site switch link.

Regards,

Sergiy

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Log into each of the other sites with the SITE_ADMIN user and make sure your user has no user group assigned to them apart from the site site you wanty them to only see. 

Thanks

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The step by step instructions are provided within SAP ME 6.0 Security Guide available at SMP:

1) page 13, section "Create SAP ME General Users" of chapter 4.1;

2) page 19, section "Site Authorization" of chapter 5.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohh.. thanks...

actually i am unable to get that guide.

some error pops up whenever i click to open it.

is there any source from where i can get it?

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Guides are delivered through SMP only as this is related to the question of user authorization.

If you are authorized to access this content though you have a technical problem with it, you should submit a support ticket to XX-SER-SAPSMP-CON component. And I guess the same support team can check your authorizations.

Regards,

Sergiy