Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing partial inspection at the time of MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am having following requirement.

I did MIGO of say 100 qty in one lot. Out of this after inspection, it is found that 40 qty are to be assigned with usage decesion 10 and 60 qty with UD 20.

Please let me know the procedure for the same and also user should be able to identify which qty was posted with which UD.

Waiting for your guidence.

Regards,

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarang,

Kindly excuse me, but still I am not clear what UD10 and UD20 stand for? Are 10 and 20 are UD codes? What are the descriptions against them? According to me scenario is generally as follows

1. You do GR for say 100 Nos
  2. System generates ONLY ONE inspection lot of 100 Nos. (Stock in QI is 100 at this moment)
  3. You have mentioned that Now Quality person gives decesion that out of 100, 40qty shud be given usage decesion of 10. Here I want emphasize more. UD code of 10 means what? Is this the okay quantity?
  4. I assume UD10 and UD20 are the UD code for okay and confirming quantity respectively.
  5. What you must be doing is, you are posting 40 Nos to unrestricted and giving UD10
  6. At this moment, stock in QI is 60 and usage decision given.
  7. Later you are again posting the remaining quantity in to unrestricted and changing the UD code manually to UD20
  8. Outcome is, entire quantity is posted in to unrestricted and you get only one UD code i.e. latest that you changed in QA32.
  9. My question is, in both the cases if you are posting the stocks in to unrestricted why you need 2 separate UD codes for single lot? As far as usage is considered this is ok.
  10. You can also think of having 2 separate storage locations (similar to UD10 or UD20) instead of 2 UD codes. Not so sure how this much can help as this needs MM involvement also.
  11. Lastly, can't you make use of field block for transferring remaining 60 Nos? This bifurcation, 100 - Total quantity; 40 - unrestricted, 60 - block  is easily available in QA32 with layout change.
  12. I would prefer having only one UD code i.e. partially accepted with partial posting in to block and partial in to unrestricted.

Regards,

Anand

prakashjasti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The ud code for the lot will be PA  ie Partially accepted

and the qty suppose 10 which is accepted will be posted to one movement type (unrestricted)

and qty 20 which is rejected will be posted to another movement type (Restricted or blocked)

We will get both the quantities at the time of migo.

Regards,

Prakash.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use 'Defective quantity in lot quantity' field for your requirement in UD screen.

(Defective quantity button on application tool bar)

Also you can display this column at QA32 report.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the solution :

1.You have created lot of say 100 qty.

2.Now after creation of Inpection lot of 100, you found that 40 you can accept & 60 qty you have identifed for  negotiations with vendors.

3.Go to QAC1 & coorect the IL qty from 100 to 40.save it.

4.Take UD say UD10

5.Now create another lot with 60 qty.Take UD with UD20

I hope this will add some value.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

You can't have 2 UD codes for the single inspection lot. You can post okay quantity in unrestricted and not okay in to block stock. For identification can't you create an UD code say PACC (partially accepted) or something with your own logic?

You can also have this quantity bifurcation in QA32/QA33 layout so that one can easily get how much was posted in to unrestricted and in to block stock.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

But in my case though that material is having UD 20, its used after negotiations with vendors regarding price. So it needs to be posted to unrestricted only.

Please put some light.

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U just use QA32 and expand its column or in simple words just set the layout of the screen , select the required fields like QTY/ UD codes etc. and set as default u get the results.

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarang,

Will you please elaborate a bit what UD10 and UD20 stand for from functional perceptive?

Unless you negotiate with vendor, I guess you are not using the material for further transactions. That's why you should post the partial quantity (doubtful or not okay or quantity for which vendor discussion is required) to block stock temporarily. Once you complete your discussions with vendor about its usage you can transfer the stock in to unrestricted or can send back to vendor through block stock. Or you use the quantity despite vendor discussions and post all in to unrestricted? How would you bifurcate then?

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

In our case scenario is as below.

Suppose PO was created for say 100 qty, material received at store, GRN done.

Now whole stock in in QI.

Now Quality person gives decesion that out of 100, 40qty shud be given usage decesion of 10 and remaining 60Qty shud be gived UD of 20. So for one inspection lot there will be 2 UD codes. But normal behaviour of system is that when we first post qty 40 wid UD 10, it shows inspection lot wid UD 10. When remaining qty 60 are posted wid UD code 20, UD code of inspection lot changes to 20. So if some one wants to know in future, what qty was posted with UD code 10 and what wid 20, its not possible. So please let me know how to handle this.

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awaiting for your valuable guidence.

Regards,

Sarang