cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI3.0 support package upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using XI 3.0 SP20(Service Pack 20) and planning upgrade to SP30 on the same version,

Is their any risks during the scnearios? is their any major corrections in the scenarios.

Could you please guide me.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Support package upgradation is common actvity and it wont effect interfaces.We did couple of times but nerver experienced any issues.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

Support packs are collection of number of notes(>100) as well as fixes of bugs in previous version.

If you are upgrading to same version (just increasing SP level) you are on safer side.

Regards,

Surojit

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

actually there is no risc, if you dont have any modifications (change of ABAP / Java source code of XI 3.0).

Support packages are just program corrections or quality enhancements, but they do not contain different functionality.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo for your reply.

What it means for (Changes of ABAP/Java source code of XI 3.0, I can't clear of the statement.

Kindly please suggest me.

Thank you,
Sateesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

modifications mean you changed the source code of a system. If you add a support package, the changed code could be overwritten. That s the reason modifications should be avoided, instead a SAP system provide user exits, BADIs and so on.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , I will get back to you after my support packages upgraded.

Best Regards,
Sateesh