cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO CTM does not consume stock at source location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm running CTM in forwarding mode. There is only one criteria for order selection: date.

Scenario:

- 2 DC: 1001 and 1002 without stock, source location = 1004

- 1 plant: 1004 with stock

- orders (forecasts and sales) on 3 locations, forecasts always on monday (03.09, 10.09, 17.09...)

- Planning period: 26.08.2012 to 28.11.2012 (current date: 02.09.2012)

Until 10.09, planning is going well: CTM generates transfert order for 1001 and 1002 and consume stock on plant 1004 but at that date (10.09), CTM found 1004 as source location but cannot find stock whereas there is still stock.

Can someone explain me what is wrong in my settings.

Best regards.

Sophie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

I could not get the point you are saying that 1004 is identified as the SoS, but stock has not been considered.

Did you mean instead of considering the stock, the CTM creates receipts (planned order or PReq) for the STO requirements at location 1004?

You also mentioned that there are requirements at all the 3 locations. Are the requirements in location 1004 more than the stock?

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Yes, I mean CTM creates receipt (planned orders) instead of considering stock whereas there is a lot of stock for 1004.

The requirements are less than stock of course.

Regards,

Sophie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Sophie,

Are you using some form of Safety Stock at the plant (1004) location such as Safety Days' Supply?  CTM will hold the Safety Days' Supply for not just customer demand but also for all your distribution demand which in our case forced an increase in inventory. 

Regards, Chris