cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Performace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I want to calculate the network performance from GUI to Application servers.

My requirement is We are planing to implement a firewall solution between LAN and SAP servers. I want to check the before and after network performance effecting to the SAP.

Please suggest me a way to analise the performance data.

regards

priyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyann,

Performance analysis for Network performance can be done from ST03. Details in ST03 will not exactly route you to the cause of performance issue but they will really help you to understand if the slow response is due to the network problem. There are parts of response times listed in the ST03 screen understanding them and analyzing them will help you to do the root cause analysis on it.

If you are are from Basis team , you might be aware of these parts of response or contact the Basis resource in your team for the overview. Please let me know if you are looking for help on this.

Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyan,

You can use transaction /nSTAD in SAP GUI. Then click on "Sel.fields" and choose to add "Terminal In-message"  , "Terminal Out-message " and "No. of roundtrips" . Those will help you determine the traffic between SAP GUI and the ABAP server for the purpose of your network sizing.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Those tools are at your disposal within SAP such as OS1, ST03n, CCMS, any transaction reporting performance. Also, work with your network team, they should be able to monitor the network traffic before and after the firewall installation.