cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Qty. disappears from RRP3 Forecast Tab (detai view) after PGI to SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is, Sale order Qty will consume the Forecast Qty (APO Strategy 20 and ECC 40). The sale order qty is consuming the FC qty, but the FC qty disappears from Product View (RRP3) Forecast tab--> Detail view after  Sale order Delivery. This is not expected one.

What could be the reason for this?

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO 20, ECC40 is planning with final assembly, a type of make to stock scenario that has four Phases

-PIR creation followed by

-Procurement/production, followed by

-Sales order entry, followed by

-Delivery, followed by

-Goods issu,e followed by

-PIR reduction.

In APO20 delivery reduces the sales orders and this leads to reduction of Planned independent requirements. So what you observe based on what you mentioned is a correct behaviour, i.e. vanishing of forecast once delivery is created.

But note that in case of APO20,  forecast (Plnd ind. reqs) are NOT reduced by sales order as per FIFO unlike APO10. So this might be a source of confusion once in a while. However yours seem to be a clean case.

Further check the consumption mode. mode 1, 2, 3, 4 used in consumption. In mode 4, sales orders consume forecast only in ECC and not in APO. So if you DONT expect forecast to vanish you can set he mode to 4 or play around with 1, 2, or 3.

• Mode 1- bwd- from PIR's n before SO requirement date
  • Mode 2- bwd/fwd – from PIR x periods before SO req date and y periods after SO req date
  • Mode 3 – fwd – from PIR's x periods after SO requirement date
  • Mode 4- fwd/bwd – only in ECC and not in APO

Further verify that check mode for ECC sales order item in APO = 050 and assignment mode is 1 and category group K02 (standard).  This is a pre-requisite for APO020's desired behaviour of SO consumption and PIR reduction.

This is what I summarize from 200 pages of SAP documentation some moons ago

Hope this gives some clues

Thanks

Guru