cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch creation not possible in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating a batch master directly in EWM, Batches are getting created but without classification.

I can see a screen like this with a message.

Any idea what could be the reason for this?

Regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi I have the same issue. When i display the batch in EWM, classification is not displayed instead i get the message - No classification is possible for object data. I have done the following so far.

• Create class (023) with Org. Area - W. Org area W exits in ECC and EWM.
  • Assign Characteristics to class along with Org. Are W in ECC.
  • Assign class to Material in ECC.
  • Create batch and populate characteristics using MSC1n in Ecc.
  • CIF, Material, Class, batch to EWM.

At this point i cannot get classification in batch display and also i cannot see the class in the Material.

Please help.

Thanks

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I did few research on this issue still I cannot able to find the clear answer

my understanding batch classification works well until EWM 7  and after release of EWM 9 is it bug or is there any different approach of batch management

may be i am wrong please advise

Regards
Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably this is because of not distributing the batch class 023 for the product from ERP to EWM.

I am also facing same problem as system unable to update the batch class in EWM that I am distributing from ECC.

Let me know, if it works.

Thanks,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Today I was able to rectify this issue.

Infact, some OSS notes (ex: 1305605 )  helped me in solving this.

I think  EWM doesnt allow to define a new Characteristic. We should make use of standard available Characteristics which starts with LOBM*.   For example, for batches with country of origin,  in ERP, we should create a Classification of Class type 023 and assign the Char: LOBM_HERKL which is already available in both systems (erp and ewm).

Later, assign the class to material master data in classification TAB.

After CIF, the ERP class is mapped to EWM class type 230.  Then if we CIF batches, they will be created in EWM with Classification data as well.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for sharing above solutions.

I have seen is some of the systems, even if you created some Zclass with Z characterestics, it will be distributed to EWM product master classification tab. Probably system I am using is not supporting to this function.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Yes. I agree with you.

While CIFing the Class/Char, did you select a value for "Organizational Area Indicator"?

You should assign this org. area in Basic Data tab of the class. Also, same org. area must be assigned to the Characteristic in "Char" Tab of Class.

Make sure the same org area is maintained in EWM (Path : SPRO--->  APO- Master Data-Classification and Configuration-Classes- Maintain Object Types and Class Types- Table ( /SAPAPO/VERSKEY).  Here, ensure that the same Organizational Area is created against Class Type 230.

It worked for me after having above things checked.

regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the above tip..!!!

After doing the mentioned changes, I am able to distribute my material class from ECC to EWM system.

Sandip.