cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,  I am Installing Solution Manager 7.1 in windows server 2008 R2 with Oracle 10.2.0.5.I am getting error again and again.I am posting the Alertlog files below.

Fri Aug 31 21:50:07  2012

Automatic datafile offline due to write error on

file 17: J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA3\SR3702_5\SR3702.DATA5

file=17 J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA3\SR3702_5\SR3702.DATA5

error=27070 txt: 'OSD-04016: Error queuing an asynchronous I/O request.

O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.'

Fri Aug 31 21:50:08  2012

file 17: J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA3\SR3702_5\SR3702.DATA5

KCF: write/open error block=0x598c2 online=1

file=2 J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1

file 2: J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1

Fri Aug 31 21:50:09  2012

KCF: write/open error block=0x5abc9 online=1

file=2 J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1

Fri Aug 31 21:50:09  2012

file 2: J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1

Fri Aug 31 21:50:24  2012

KCF: write/open error block=0x1009 online=1

file=1 J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\SYSTEM_1\SYSTEM.DATA1

Fri Aug 31 21:50:24  2012

Errors in file h:\oracle\sol\saptrace\background\sol_dbw1_1444.trc:

ORA-01243: system tablespace file suffered media failure

ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file 1 (block # 4105)

ORA-01110: data file 1: 'J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\SYSTEM_1\SYSTEM.DATA1'

ORA-27070: async read/write failed

OSD-04016: Error queuing an asynchronous I/O request.

O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

MY server Configuration is:

HP Proliant DL380 G7 with HP Storageworks P2000.We have mapped it to the solution manager server.I have initiated Iscsci initiator in the Solution manager server and mapped it to the SAS Storage.I have checked the event viewer log also.below are the logs of event viewer:

1.The firewall exception to allow Internet Storage Name Server (iSNS) client functionality is not enabled. iSNS client functionality is not available.

2.Initiator failed to connect to the target. Target IP address and TCP Port number are given in dump data.

3.HP NC382i #57: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Is there any power failure issue during the installation?Because we have power backup for the servers.

Please help me out guys,I have already did solution manager installation  5 times till now.But I got the same error every time.Please help me out guys.

It's really urgent.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suggest you to go through SAP note

Note 546006 - Problems with Oracle due to operating system errors

Can you check if you create any file under J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1 and also able to read the file. I believe the J: drive has issues . Can you check with the storage team and figure out if any issues are visible from their end.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Thanks for your helpful reply.I am able to create folder and able to read files from that particular folder which I have created under J:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1.I am sending you the eventviewer details which I am getting at the particular time when the files are getting corrupted.The logs are:

1.Initiator failed to connect to the target. Target IP address and TCP Port number are given in dump data.

2.HP NC382i #55: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

3.Target did not respond in time for a SCSI request. The CDB is given in the dump data.

4.An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.

5.The initiator could not send an iSCSI PDU. Error status is given in the dump data.

6.Connection to the target was lost. The initiator will attempt to retry the connection

7.The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not obtain the name of a domain controller. This could be caused by a name resolution failure. Verify your Domain Name System (DNS) is configured and working correctly.

Kindly help me out...I am stucked in my Installation process...It's really urgent.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked your iSCSI configuration to storage subsystem and logs as Ratnajit suggests? Logs you are provided shows obvious issues with iSCSI connection

Regards

Roman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitabh

If the suggested option worked for you then it will be great to mark them as helpful or correct answers so that other can also benefit from it.

Also can you paste the exact message you are getting  when trying to logon.

Where is your SAPlogon installed on server or on your machine?

If it is on your machine try to install it on server itself and then try because I suspect you have some network issues.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue Resolved.Problem was in my Storage location.Some settings were missing there.

Many thanks for your help guys.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitabh

Is it possible for you to load the Installation CDs directly on the same server on which you are performing installation?

If yes, please try that because they are several random issues reported in installation due to network and sharing issues for the drive or folder.

Even I faced some of them.

Do remember to clean the files before starting installation and go with New installation option.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.I have Installed Successfully Solman 7.1.But after the installation when I tried to login to the server next day I failed.When I tried to search for the error in event viewer i got error of ISCSCI Port the same as i replied above.Some files which are located in the Storage getting corrupted again and again.I am completely blank....Wat to do and Wat to not.

Kindly help me out guys.........

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are your drives mapped from the network? or you are using it from the local machine?

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.The RAID 1 servers are connected with RAID 5 Storage MSA 2000.

The drives are mapped to the storage.can you tell me how to check the configuration of the ISCSI which

are mapped to the storage system?Please help me out?Are there any switch issues?

Kindly suggest?

Thanks

Ajitabh

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks like storage and oracle error.  Have you search for "Automatic datafile offline due to write error on" in Oracle forums.

Looks like the drive seems to be unavailable due high amount on I/O load on it.  Look for other ways to reconfigure the storage.

Ravi