Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit control area for customer lock

former_member209677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was developed credit management for the customer locking as per payment terms, if customer over due then customer will be lock automatically,

I done as per above scenario it is working well but mu problem is when i was assign credit control are in customer master data then it have to be work, but with out assigning the credit control area in master data it will lock automatically as per payment terms

Please guide me why it works without assignment of credit control area in customer master

Regards,

Narra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narra,

Firstly once you activate Credit Management it will work for all the Customer in that Credit Control Area. You cannot be selective, i.e. if Credit Control Area is assigned in Customer Master, only then it should block the Customer.

You can try a alternative by creating multiple Risk Categories & assigning the same to Customer in FD32. Subsequebtly you will have to maintain separate OVA8 controls for two different combination of Credit Control Area + Risk Category + Credit Group.

Thus for one combination you will have to select Oldest Open Item (Which will block the Customer) & for other Conbination you shall not select Oldest Open Item.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

May I know how did you achieved customer lock via credit control area have you done ABAP development programme or through configuration.  please give the details.

Regards,

former_member209677
Participant
0 Kudos

i have done through t-code ova8  i selected old open item and error massage 

Please guide me my problem.........

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks, the credit check is made against the value set in the credit control area (t.code OB45). Since company code is assigned to credit control area, the system uses this data and further blocks the customer order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes dear as advised above eventhough you not maintained credit control area in customer master system will pick it from configuration and block the sales order of that customer for delivery. 

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatic determination of Credit control area is bcoz you have assigned credit control with the Sales area in the following menu path,

Enterprise -> Assignment -> SD -> Assign Sales area to credit control area.

Customer Sales data would be created with the Sales area (Ex: 1000 02 02), so whenever you create a customer sales data, system automatically determines the Credit control based upon the assignment you made as mentioned above.

Also, Sales order is created with the Sales area, so hence the Credit control area is pulled based upon the same assignment.

You can check the Credit control area in the sales order in the following menu path,

Environment -> Partner -> Display credit control.

Hope this clears your doubt, thanks.

Regards,

Vijay N