cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD agent does not connect to Wily Introscope.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the same issue as topic http://scn.sap.com/thread/1875240

I have a Wily introscope installation on Solution Manager.

I have over 20 Windows server with SMD agent installed. I see all of them in Wily Investigator. These are not SAP servers!

I install a new SMD instance on a brand new server. Unfortunately, I do not see it in Wily Investigator.

After a lot of investigation, I found this:

logfile C:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\work\jvm_smdagent.out contains these errors:

8/29/12 03:44:57 PM EDT [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at localhost:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (1).

Initialization done.

8/29/12 03:45:09 PM EDT [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at localhost:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (2).

On a working SMD instance, I would get this instead:

8/29/12 12:30:26 PM CDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.IsengardServerConnectionManager] Connected Agent to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at pl1pa235.corio.com:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory. Host = "usim129", Process = "SAP HostAgent Process", Agent Name = "SAP HostAgent SMDA97".

So, this server is trying to use LOCALHOST instead of pl1pa235.corio.com

I noticed this config file which has that localhost entry:

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wilyhost\IntroscopeSapAgent.PROFILE

entry:

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT=pl1pa235.corio.com

or

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT=LOCALHOST

I am able to edit this file and restart SMD, but this file gets overwritten...

Has anyone seen similar issues?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What if you reinstall SMD agent

Register in SolMan and SLD while installing it.

Thanks

Yogesh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

on other 20 servers, I never hasd to register anything in Solution Manager!

Also, yes, I tried to re-isntall 3 times now to no avail.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

I want you to check runtime.properties file located at "\usr\sap\<SMD_SID>\SMDA97\SMDAgent\configuration"

Can you check following entry...

smd.agent.connection.url=

Thanks

Yogesh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

things are going better, but still no cigar.

contents from jvm_smdagent on non-working system:

8/31/12 01:49:07 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Isengard] Initiating connection attempts to the Introscope Enterprise Manager.

8/31/12 01:49:07 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Isengard] The Agent reconnection delay is set to 15 second(s).

8/31/12 01:49:07 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent] Started Error Reporting service

8/31/12 01:49:09 PM EDT [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at localhost:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (1).

Initialization done.

[ms://psm.usidn.com:8191/P4] Agent ready.

contents from jvm_smdagent on working system:

8/31/12 01:42:31 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Isengard] Initiating connection attempts to the Introscope Enterprise Manager.

8/31/12 01:42:31 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Isengard] The Agent reconnection delay is set to 15 second(s).

8/31/12 01:42:31 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent] Started Error Reporting service

8/31/12 01:42:37 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.IsengardServerConnectionManager] Connected Agent to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at pl1pa235.corio.com:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory. Host = "USIM127", Process = "SAP HostAgent Process", Agent Name = "SAP HostAgent SMDA97".

[ms://psm.usidn.com:8191/P4] Agent ready.

Initialization done.

again, file C:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wilyhost\IntroscopeSapAgent.PROFILE still gets replaced with the LOCALHOST entry whenever I start SMD.

I would believe that when SMD starts, it is deploying stuff to this directory including that configuration. Is there a tool such as Config tool to change this parameter in an SMD instance?

thanks

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please re install SAPHOSTAGENT

SAP HELP link

Then try again.

Thanks

Yogesh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to let you know that I have opened a message with SAP 3 weeks ago...

no answer from them yet.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

How did you configure this introscope property?

in case of 7.1, the right way of doing this is by running the managed system wizard of the managed system. Installing a byte code agent seperately might not work. PLease re-run the managed system wizard of any system and check if error is still there.

Also, please check if the introscpe service is stsrted on machien where wily is hosted.

Thanks,

Arun