Did you mean: 

scenario

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

IN APO PPDS tab (product master) we have planning procedure 1,2,3,4,

plz let me knw the scenarios relevant to each of 1,2,3,4,

what does 1 or 2or 3or4  means .

i searched all over google but i coudnt find any?

my scenario is pir (md61)and sales order requirements(va01) for material X needs to be transferred to PPDS ....and from the existing planned order and purchase requestion for the material sleeping in ECC i need to check up if if the demand (pir and sales order) and supply ( existing planned order and PR) is met.....supposing if the demand is NOT met then PPDS should generate the planned order for the shortage (demand minus supply)  or should generate PR( will PPDS generate PR ? am not aware )

so this is the scenario.for this specific scenario wht has to be done in terms of configuration settings in

1.global ppds settings at SPRO is it MRP_001 or MRP_002  or some other thing which is exact?

2.in planning procedure ppds tab in product master wht has to be numbered is it 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

3.in product hiuristic what has to be set is it PP_001 or PP_002 ?

in short how a planning run has to be executed,having worked in R/3 i have some hassles in APO since i am new to it.in R /3 i will do MD01 (mrp run ) and create a panned order for shortage.hw would i do the same in PPDS ...i wish a helping hand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Google is useful, but for basic question like this it is usually easier to just look in SAP online help for  APO.  Help.sap.com.

For your question http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/70/027037e5c7005be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

which describes standard Planning Procedures.

Bear in mind that all of these Planning procedures are configurable, what they actually do may have been altered in your system.

1.global ppds settings at SPRO is it MRP_001 or MRP_002  or some other thing which is exact?

I don't know what this means.  Exactly which of the many global config setting are you talking about?

2.in planning procedure ppds tab in product master wht has to be numbered is it 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

All four can create receipts.  Try executing the Product Heuristic.  /SAPAPO/RRP3 display the plant/material.  Go into Change mode (pencil).  Press the Product Heuristic button.  The heuristic will be run.  Save.  If you wish to run a planning batch job, then create the variant in /SAPAPO/CDPSB0 and schedule it in /SAPAPO/CDPSB1

3.in product heuristic what has to be set is it PP_001 or PP_002 ?

Depends upon the business need.  If you just want to be able to plan, you don't have to set any product heuristic at all; if there is no Heuristic entered in the Product Master, then the heuristic in the Planning procedure will be executed.

Look in online help for exact definitions of what these two heuristics do.

For basic instructions about PP Planning, I suggest you enroll in a class. It will be money well spent.  Alternatively, there are dozens of books available if you wish to self-train.

Best regards,

DB49

Answers (0)