cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate_Absolute not responding at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wanting to mechanically navigate away from the existing iView (that is hosting my WDA) to another iView in the PCD.  The coding examples that I have found seem very straightforward, but I cannot get the process working.  The PCD location (targetPCD) that I am using is accurate, and the role is assigned to the userid that I am testing.  I placed a breakpoint in the Action, so I know that the code is being called.  I don't see any sort of error occurring as I step through the code in debug mode.  I step right through the call to lr_port_manager, and NOTHING HAPPENS.  The original iView hosting the WDA is just redisplayed to me.  In the sample WDAs showing Portal Navigation techniques, I see a context node titled "NAVIGATION" being used.  Is that required?  How do I import that structure into context?

I have tried all sorts of different variations, and the result is always the same (nothing happens).  I saw a couple references to EPCFLevel.  Is that somehow required in order for this to work?

The code in my ACTION is below.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Kevin

data targetPCD TYPE string.
targetPCD
= 'ROLES://portal_content/com.company....myiview'.

data lr_componentcontroller      type ref to ig_componentcontroller .
data l_api_componentcontroller type ref to if_wd_component.
data lr_port_manager               type ref to if_wd_portal_integration.

lr_componentcontroller     
= wd_this->get_componentcontroller_ctr( ).
l_api_componentcontroller
= lr_componentcontroller->wd_get_api( ).
lr_port_manager              
= l_api_componentcontroller->get_portal_manager( ).

CALL METHOD lr_port_manager->navigate_absolute

EXPORTING
     navigation_target
= targetPCD
    navigation_mode
= if_wd_portal_integration=>CO_SHOW_INPLACE

*        window_features     = navigation_data-window_features
*        window_name         = navigation_data-window_name
*        history_mode        = navigation_data-history_mode
*        target_title        = navigation_data-target_title
*        context_url         = navigation_data-context_url
*        post_parameters     = navigation_data-post_body
*        use_sap_launcher    = abap_true
*        business_parameters = bus_parameter_table
*        launcher_parameters = launcher_parameter_list.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon more investigation, I see that my solution is working for some users.  The base issue is javascript-related.  Any user using IE8 is encountering a "javascript:void(0)" error, and the navigation is aborted.  Users with IE7 do not get the error and the navigation occurs successfully.  The same is true when using the SAP standard application (WDR_TEST_PORTAL_NAV_PAGE).

I have tried many ways to resolves this, but nothing is working.  I have "enabled" all custom-level "miscellaneous" and "scripting" browser settings.  I have turned off pop-up blocker.  I have cleared cache after each settings change.

Does anyone know of a way to pinpoint the exact problem?

Thanks for any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was that the overall portal URL was HTTP, while the Web Dynpro application was configured in the portal to use HTTPS.  In that setup, the portal navigation from the WDA view fails. 

The solution for me was to use the HTTPS version of the overall portal URL.

Answers (0)