cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore a deleted Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP BASIS GURU,

I have a question. One time I was performing a client copy from client 800 to client 830 but I accidentally deleted client 800.

Could you please help me on how to recover or restore the deleted client 800 and put it back?

I am a newbie in SAP Basis. Thank very you in advance for your help.

Marlon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you delete the client ?

Did you delete the client using SCC4 transaction code ? If yes , then just add the client entry for client 800 in SCC4 , that should be ok .

But if you have deleted the client using SCC5, then you will have to either restore the database from the previous backup taken prior to deleting the client or you can copy the client 830 to create the client 800 again provided that meets your functional requirement.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

I accidentally deleted the client 800 from SCC4 and I followed your advice to create a new entry for client 800 and it worked.

Thank you very much for your help! Please dont get tired helping BASIS newbie!

Marlon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you delete a Client in SAP, it is gone.  The only way to restore it is, If you have a database backup prior to deletion, then you can do a complete database restore.

When you did a Client Copy from 800 to 830, what profile did you use?   You can do another Client Copy from 830 to 800.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Yes, I think we have backup the database. I used SAP_ALL profile.

Thanks for your help.

Marlon