cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in Delivery creation in dialog and background mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create delivery for a sales order in dialog mode and in background mode. I am facing different results in both the cases. Though the Sales Order items selected in VL10 are the same.

1)In dialog mode, i can find single delivery created for the sales order.

2) In background mode, i can find 3 deliveries created for the sales order. Though the no: of items selected in VL10 are same.

Can anyone please help me in knowing what's difference in Dialog mode and background mode. I know Dialog mode will create Delivery using VL01N. But does both call the same program.

What else could be the reason for Deliveries being splitted in background mode. And consolidated in Dialog mode.

Thanks in advance

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say ran in background, did you use VL10* transaction code? If so, check the user role settings. Also you run program ZLE_ANALYZE_DELIVERY_SPLIT in SA38, to find the reason for delivery split.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Shiva..

The function module that you gave me is very useful and helps a lot. was not aware of this.

By the way.. Just a query in VL10 User role settings.

I have the Rule(Delivery Qty): 1(Cumulation of open delivery quantities in all schedule lines)

AND Split per Schedule line is "1" (Deliver only one schedule line).

Is this causing the Sales Orders to have 3 different deliveries for each schedule line?

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is the reason it is creating 3 deliveries.

Regards,

Goyal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following note which will answer your query.

• Note 1480076 - Unselected sales order items / schedule lines are delivered in tcode VL10*

You can also have a look at the following notes, if required

• Note 128563 - VL10: Corr. transfer LEDAT f.collective processing
    • Note 546668 - FAQ: Delivery split when creating deliveries

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a possibility, just change the value and try again. Also refer the OSS Note 383254 - VL10: Dialog <--> Background

Regards,

Answers (0)