cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC PC 10 Polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, hope you are going fine.

Could anyone be so kind and lets us how SAP Polling works and provide us a guide or some material to use it as GRC PC 10 Data Source?

Thanks in advance !

Frank.!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide additional information on the context of your requirement?  Is this in reference to Content Lifecycle Management?  If so, there is information on that in the installation and operation guides.  Otherwise, I'm not sure about your reference to a data source. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul, Thanks for your response.

I am talking about the guide that I found on MarketPlace called "Automated Monitoring Overview".

I would like to find more information about Polling.

Take a look at the picture with the snap.

Thank you

Frank.!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Well, by "polling" we mean a method in which PC takes regular "snapshots" of the configuration/master data setting to be monitored.  PC (or rather, the GRC plug-in component) figures out which tables are to be monitored, and takes snapshots according to the job frequency specified by its configuration.

When defining the montoring rule, the bus proc expert user does not have to worry about all this.  but they do need to understand that this method of change monitoring is a little hit-and-miss (what if there are multiple changes between two consecutive snapshots), and change-log based monitoring is much better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Atul.

Do you have a Guide telling us how to configure this option?

Thanks again

Frank