cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ20N special stock reservations problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have the following issue: I want to add materials in CJ20N (in component overview) under a certain activity, and I would like the system to generate reservations for the upper WBS element, and not for the upper network. Infact it does that by setting Valuated stock or Nonvaluated stock in Control data tab of the project, but my problem is that every material that I entered has the special stock "Q" set. Is there any way that I could generate reservations for the WBS element without the special stock set ?

I have attached a printscreen image of CJ20N transaction with the items enteres in component overview.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adrian,

If you assign material to project activity this will give a pop up window from where you choose resr for network/wbs or PR + resr for WBS etc. this process will only trigger Project Stock.

reservation for WBS is not possible without Special Stock Q.

Q means Material will come in Project as a special Stock in any Storage location.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, Sunil.

I know that the stock will come as special stock in storage locations because I've made the entire flux: reservation for WBS in CJ20N -> purchase requisition generated by MRP run -> purchase order with reference to the purchare requisition -> incoming goods (MIGO) -> incoming invoice (MIRO).

But then I want to do the pick up list (MB26) and the problem is that I have also unrestricted stock in that storage location wich is older and I want to consume it for that WBS element because I want to respect FIFO procedure.

Isn't there any other way than to transfer it from unrestricted to special stock ? It could not consume the unrestricted stock batches even with the stock determination configuration set.

Thanks

Adi

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adrian,

Reservation for WBS will consume material present in project Stock only as per my knowledge.

but this may be possible via material master setting in materials. Please check Individual/coll. in BOM Explosion/dependent requirements under MRP4 tab. Set this to collective requirement.

also check other setting in MRP view.

hope this will help you.

thanks

Sunil

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reservations in RESB table and will check the available stock in MARD table and if available transfer the material from plant to project stock by 412 Q.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

I also have the same case and now I can not see how to make 412Q automated.

As I see you mean some development which will have a look on RESB, than check MARD stocks and create 412Q movement.

Am I right, or it is possible to customize with a standard customizing?

Can you, please, explain us step by step how it will work?

Regards,

Max

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think not possible by functional guys, I think only ABAP development can solve this.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maxim,

I'm an abaper. If I will adopt the automatic transfer resolution I will share it with you

Regards,

Adi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved with development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

I may be facing a similar challenge as you had with regards to CJ20N reservations, could you please guide me on how you resolved it? Will appreciate your response. Thanks

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you are using Reservation for WBS at that time every production / purchase will be for special stock Q i.e. project stock.

If you are having some materials in your inventory and want to follow FIFO procedure , then assign material with Reservation for Network and you can utilize that stock.

In addition , if you are not doing delivery ( CNS0) and doing manual consumption MB1A , then you can do exclude material assignment in CJ20N while directly transfer posting of inventory stock to project with mvmt type 415.

Regards

Raghav

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One need to configure opu5 and omdt tcodes and maintain mrp group in material master. So, that you can first check the unrestricted stock and create a reservations. If possible please take the help of PP consultant in the configuring them above.

Thanking you

Vengaiah