cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA02- Authorization for only Release status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How can I restring one particular user to change any sales order via VA02 except only he can release the order status.

To be more clear when a user enters the tcode - VA02 and enters an SO No. he can only view the SO similar to VA03 but here only he can release the order status and save it and do nothing else.

I checked all the authorization objects for VA02 via SU24 and tried them but none of them is working so far. It always asks for authorization to change the document which I dont want to do.

So please help me with this...

Thanks,

Vishal,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The standard auth objects may not allow such custom functionality. You need to create a new auth object and assign it in the Sales order user exit.

Talk to your ABAP & Basis guys.

regards,

Akhilesh.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

We had also faced a similar issue. what we did was we enhanced the transaction code VKM3 to meet the requirement. we have terminated an authorization from VA02 and asked enduser to release sales orders through VKM3. user can check the sales order in VA03 and release the same in VKM3.

you can use the user exit FV45K001 to enhance the same.

Hope it helps.

with regards,

Dayanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal.

You checked SU53 authorizations objects for VA02 via PFCG maintain and change objects Activitiy and Controlling Area..

Regards,

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For authorisation use the T-code : BS52 and create your Authorisation Key and then assign these keys to Auth. Profile in BS02.

Now you will have to assign the Authorisation Object (B_USERSTAT) to All the Users in SU01 (Take the help of Basis Consultant, if you have not worked on Authorisation). And in this authorization object on the basis of Authorisation Key which we have created in BS52, you can give or restrict the authorization to concerned Users.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

0 Kudos

HI!

Maybe, You checked all the authorizations objects for VA02 via ST01?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishal,

It seems that you are using status profile for a sales order so, now if you want to restrict the system to change the status profile upto a certain user only than you have to create a authorization key (t.code BS52) and assign the authorization key inside status profile --> Authorization code , take a help of the Basis guy to give authorization for this specific authorization key for the certain user .

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Sunny Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

this works fine:

1. deactivate dynamic transaction variants  - set NO_VARIANT for order type [transaction VOV8 -> Sales order types -> Details -> Transaction flow -> field Variant ]
  2. create Variant group for transaction VA02 [transaction SHD0 ]
  3. create Screen variants and define Transaction variant for transaction VA02 [transaction SHD0]
  4. assign user to Variant group and Transaction variant to user [transaction SHD0 -> Standard variants -> Variant Groups -> Set Proposal]

Example:

I have

- assigned NO_VARIANT to sales document type OR

- created group name Z_REJECT

- created screen variants

ZVA02_REJECT_0102

ZVA02_REJECT_0400

ZVA02_REJECT_4001

ZVA02_REJECT_4002

ZVA02_REJECT_4003

ZVA02_REJECT_4012

ZVA02_REJECT_4013

ZVA02_REJECT_4021

ZVA02_REJECT_4050

ZVA02_REJECT_4301

ZVA02_REJECT_4302

ZVA02_REJECT_4305

ZVA02_REJECT_4400

ZVA02_REJECT_4401

ZVA02_REJECT_4409

ZVA02_REJECT_4440

ZVA02_REJECT_4456

ZVA02_REJECT_4701

ZVA02_REJECT_4900

ZVA02_REJECT_4922

ZVA02_REJECT_5002

ZVA02_REJECT_5003

ZVA02_REJECT_8310

-defined transaction variant Z_REJECTVA02

-assigned user KORSCH to group Z_REJECT and set transaction variant Z_REJECTVA02 as default variant to user

Effect of described settings:

When user KORSCH runs transaction VA02 for sales order type SO, he can only change Reason for rejection on the Status tab (and this causes item/document status change).

Best Regards

Eduard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

VA02 - only for change..

can you please describe the question....again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use screen varaint SHD0 for that user that user can only see the status and else other rows should b e hidden so I thinks I solves your problem 

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be more clear when a user enters the tcode - VA02 and enters an SO No. he can only view the SO similar to VA03 but here only he can release the order status and save it and do nothing else.

What i understood from your post is that you want that some users can only change status by going to header status tab. All other fields will be in display mode. If this is your requirenement then i dont beleieve any standard or customized authorization object will work here. You have only one option and that is ABAPER. Ask your abaper to try user exit MV45AFZZ or create some application with Sale order change BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As advised above it is better to discuss the requirement with ABAPer and you can develop a new authorization object and assign this new authorization object under those user profiles in SU02. who are going to approve the order status.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about restricting access to VA02 but grant access to VKM1/3.