cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Developer role and activities in real time XI Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As I am new to SAP XI, I would like to know about the following.

With respect to a Real time XI project, can someone please explain about the role and responsibilities of XI Developer in each of the following project phases?

1. Project Preparation

2. Business Blueprint

3. Realization

4. Final Preparation

5. Go-Live and Support

I mean, in Project Preparation what XI Developer can do and his/her contribution at what extent the developer can involve, what activities he/she can be performed etc.. Similarly, all the activities can be performed in all other project phases.

Can someone please explain about these?

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

Developers will play a key role during

3. Realization

4. Final Preparation

5. Go-Live and Support this three stages mainly.

During 1. Project Preparation 2. Business Blueprint Architects and leads will prepare the technical documentation for all the interfaces depending upon the requirements of the client.

In realizaiton he will develop all the interfaces. Once you develop you will move al lthe objects to QA and then in prod.

If there are any changes you will make in dev and move once again in QA and prod in Final preparation.

During Go live and support you will monitor all theinterfaces. If they have any issues you will resolve them.

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply. Points awarded.

As you had mentioned, I would like to know more details about the Realization phase with respect to XI Developer activities.

For example, a business scenario will be given as per Client requirement.

1. What inputs will be given by Architect or Technical Consultant to XI Developer to start the realization phase.

Like any inputs as .. what DataTypes, Message Interface, which type of Mapping to be considered etc.

2. Any naming conventions which Developer need to follow while design and configuration.

3. During realization process, Is there any documentation need to be maintained as per the SAP process or methodology?

4. This question may be looks unintelligent, but I would like to know about this.

--> As a developer, whether he/she is responsible for entire business scenario to complete (Design/Configuration etc) Or the business scenario will be split into any small tasks to proceed further. Please explain.

Thank you for your time. Could you please answer for my above queries?

Sree

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>What inputs will be given by Architect or Technical Consultant to XI Developer to start the realization phase.

About the interface,, what mapping condition and whether Inbound or outbound

>>2. Any naming conventions which Developer need to follow while design and configuration.

In the Spec it will be mentioned or any standard document will be produced and circulated to all.

>>--> As a developer, whether he/she is responsible for entire business scenario to complete (Design/Configuration etc) Or the business scenario will be split into any small tasks to proceed further. Please explain.

YES, As a one interface at a time it will be handled and responsible for the interface until the desired result is produced in the development machine

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

Thank you for your reply.

>>--> As a developer, whether he/she is responsible for entire business scenario to complete (Design/Configuration etc) Or the business scenario will be split into any small tasks to proceed further. Please explain.

YES, as a one interface at a time it will be handled and responsible for the interface until the desired result is produced in the development machine.

-

> Could you please explain what exactly Interface means in the above context. What I understood One Interface is means.. suppose there is a client requirement for sending the .txt file content to the target destination as .XML format. (like File to File scenario)

So the entire scenario will come under the development of One Interface. Please explain this.

Thank you for your time.

Sree

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct,

One end to end scenario is said to be one interface,

FLAT FILE - XI - IDOC ( One Interface )

Let me know any clarification you have.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Could you please explain about the following, which I had already mentioned in my queries list.

3. During realization process, Is there any documentation need to be maintained as per the SAP process or methodology?

Please correct me, if i am wrong. In the Design (IR) tool, i had observed some Documentation option/User interface/Tab etc.. to document the developed objects. Is that the only way for documentation Or we need to manitain any word documents/softcopies to document the objects related info.(as per SAP process/methodology)

Thanks again for your time.

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Could you please explain about the following, which I had already mentioned in my queries list.

Please correct me, if i am wrong. In the Design (IR) tool, i had observed some Documentation option/User interface/Tab etc.. to document the developed objects. Is that the only way for documentation Or we need to manitain any word documents/softcopies to document the objects related info.(as per SAP process/methodology)

Thanks again for your time.

Sree

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

>>>3. During realization process, Is there any documentation need to be maintained as per the SAP process or methodology?

It all depends upon the Architect plan, Usually in the Spec it is defined, In the IR there is a option called Business Scenerio where the developer gives a brief idea about the Interface with flow diagram, In the System itself going thru that we can come to idea about the interface. I hope you are clear.If you like to have some documents regarding let me know, I am reachable at- agasthuri@gmail.com

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/29/documentation-html-editor-in-xi

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri

Thank you for your e-mail. Points awarded.

Thank you for your time.

..Sree