cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Quant exist for posting change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting Error while creating T.O for PCN .the error is "No Quants exist for Posting Change", we dont have QM implemented here, we are moving the stock from quality to unrestricted.

we have 4 quants in stock yet system says no quant exist.

i checked via LX02 and the stock is available in Q stock in the requried batch .The PCN was iniated from MM

Please help me to resolve this.

Zubair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zubair,

In which storage type you are checking the stock is it 922 ?

Stock with category Q must be available in storage type 922 after Transfer posting has takes place from IM & PCN created.

If there is not stock avilable in Storage type 922 someone must have moved the stock.

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for Prompt Reply .

Actually the stock was recived initially from Production.For quality purpose.the user moved the stock from Un-Restricted and not the QC check is over.

The Stock was initially received in St.Type 901--GR Area Production receipts in Un-restricted.

Later in MM -->transfer posting created to move the stock from Un-restricted to Quality and automtically it creates PCN and the PCN is confirmed now the stock category is Q.

as of now the stock is at 901 st.type -in st.category --Q

Required

Now the user has created a Tran.Post to move the stock from Quality to Unrestricted ,and it has created a PCN

when we process the TCN ,system prompts "NO Quants Exist even though the 4 quants exist in the St.Type 901.ALL 4 Quants exist in same BIN.

pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charutta,

When i check the Stock in St.Type 922 for my batch. i could see the a negative and postive stock as below

Q    Batch-1326785-05              Qty 65.300-

Batch -1326785-05             Qty 65.300           

there is negative Quantity in Q stock and positive quantity without Q.this was created by recently created PCN ,i belive.pls help.

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zubair,

If i understand the scenario correctly.

1.      GR posted against Production order, material received in Interim storage area 901 - GR area for Production,

( Then you moved this stock from storge type 901 unrestricted to storage type 901 Quality. - which is wrong)

The right step would be to complete the GR posting for production order from storage type 901 to final storage type by craeting TO & then confirmation.

2. Now to correct these entries delete created PCN for moving stock from 901 unrestricted to 901 quality.Then cancel the material document created for transfer posting in IM.

3. Then complete the process of GR agaiisnt Production order by moving stock from GR area 901 to final storage bin by creating Transfer order against the created TR at the time of GR for production order.(Yiou can see that TR in GR material doc created while GR against Production order)

4. Then post the transfer posting to move the stock from Unrestricted to Quality, which will create PCN & then TO & confirmation.

Hope this explanation will solve your problem.

Regards,

Charudatta.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta,

Thank you.

A small confirmation required, cant we process the posting change notice in interim storage area itself.

because first the user tried to move the

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zubair,

No, we should not process the posting change notice in interim storage area itself.

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta,

my client is used to do such process.

i even checked the stock in 922 , i have the stock in quant correctly.

Any SAP Note is avialble for this.

More over how can i check whether any config settings is missing for such scenarios because  when i tested in Quality server it works perfectly.

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

H All,

I checked the stock in 922 ,the stock is availalbe in required quant ,can some one help to rectify this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zubair,

Is the available stock in 922 is -ve?

Please check & revert.

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Charudatta,

In 922 st.type we have  Q stock negative. and un restrcited as +ve

Q 1326785-05              65.300-

326785-05              65.300

i have even moved the stock to the storage type 555 which is the original st.type we wanted to mvoe

now in 555 st.type we have 4 quants in a single bin for 63.5 Qty,Every thing is perfect.Yet system says "No quant Exist" , I tried the same scenario in Quality Server which is working Fine.pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zubair,

Its confusing.

Can you please attach the screenshot of stock ?

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zubair ,

Please provide screen shot of MMBE ,   LS24 transaction for this material .

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta and Jinoy,

Please find the MMBE and LS24 screen shot below,from MM stock has been removed from bacth 1326785-05 so it shows as zero in quality stock ,in WM we can find from screen print that stock is available in Q stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zubair,

As i understand it correctly, what has happened.

1. GR against Production order  - 270 nos.

2. Out of above 270 nos. qty of 65.3 moved to final storage type i.e - Storage type 555 with stock type as Unrestricted.( Qty 0f 204 nos. remian in 901 storage type which u can see in stock overview)

3. Then this stock of 65.3 from storage type 555 ( Unrestricted ) moved to storage type 555 (Quality stock type) (IM movt type 322)

4. Then Inspection done & again Transfer posting is posted to move stock of 65.3 nos from Quality stock type to Unrestricted. ( of storage type 555) 

Till now this is sitauation.(Stock of 204 nos. is in 901, stock movement of 65.3 Quality stock initiated from storage type 555 to unrestricted)

To correct this,

( for 65.3 nos of stock)

1. Check the material doc posted for transfer posting qty of 65.3 nos.( quality stock) from storage type 555 to   unrestricted stock of storage type 555.

2. Then check the PCN number, process that PCN , insure posting to same bin is checked while processing TO for PCN, confirm the TO.

3. Check stock now, you will see there will be no line for storage type 922.

Then,

(for remaining stock of 204nos. )

1. Check the material doc for posting GR against Production order.

2. Check the TR created, process it to final storage type.

3. Then Check the stock ther ewil lbe no line of stock in storage type 901.

Hope this explanation solves your problem.

Best of Luck!

Regards,

Charudatta   

Former Member
0 Kudos

System is not finding relevant quant with inspection lot attached for posting change.

You can perform an LT10 of stock in 555 PROD HOLD Bin to 922 U ZONE to negate the negative quants and move positive quanty 555 PROD HOLD bin , This will clear the discrepancys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charudatta and Jinoy,

Thank you for your wonderful support.

Solution

Actually  when the Transfer Posting Entered the user entered the correct GR Number for the source stock i.e Material Document Number created to move the Stock from Un-restrcied to Quality but later when he moved the stock from 901 to St.Type 555,some how the GR number in the all Qaunts is different than the material document number of Un-ret to Q Stock .

So i changed the GR number in all 4 Quants  to (Mat.Doc No used for 322),Now the system is able to find the all 4 Quants.

Thanks for all your support.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check that are no outstandibg Transfer orders for the stock that is in Q

If the stock seems to be available then try reversing the IM transaction (MBST and the mat doc) and then try it again

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

N.B. The comment about QM and no inspection lot being found is not true

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Frenchy.

There are no Transfer Orders OPen for for PCN i.e for Q Stock .quants are avilable in single bin,there are 4 quants available.yet the issue exist.

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

when QM is not activated in system it means that inspection lot is not created and when you try to process PCN system is not able to find stock having inspection lot no, because of this you are getting this error.

Regards