cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Promotion Data to BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to extract promotion data into BW but I dont know much about the APO side of things. I cant see in APO any standard extractors that let me extract promotion data. I've been told that I could use the BAPI BAPI_PRMSRVAPS_GETLIST but when I try to test this in SE37 I cant get it to produce any data. But I dont know what import parameters I shoud be entering - I'm trying it using logical system and business system group - but this doesnt provde anything but an error message. Any help or advice on how to extract the Promo data would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to provide at least one promotion key so that BAPI can fetch the results. Please check the following screenshot for details. Once you get familiar with the usage, the query can be further restricted with appropriate values.

You may use t.code /sapapo/mp40 (maintain promotion base) and select the required planning area to return promotion bases. For each promotion base, 'display promotions' menu button action can provide you the list of promotions (key, date range, and status).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. That's really helpful. I've had a go at using it and it gives me some data. Not sure how helpful that's going to be to create a datasource. Need to match that data with data in the planning book to create a report. Seems really tricky.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a reporting functionality available for promotions (t.code /sapapo/mp41a and /sapapo/mp41b). Using t.code /sapapo/mp41a, you can define report settings i.e. planning area, data view, promotion base, etc. and the other t.code can be used to extract data from planning area based on the characteristics of promotion base. It also allows you to save the results in temporary tables for later evaluation. If you analyze this standard functionality, probably, you may get some clue to meet your requirement.

- Rajesh