cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot status - changes

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any possible ways to change the inspection lot status from REL to INSP RREC without results recording in the inspection lot.

Kindly inform.

Regards

Subramanian.C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question I think.

If user generates any inspection point, even if no results, SAP changes the status from REL to INSP.

This situation could be a bug of SAP standard. (but you cannot avoid this because SAP behavior.)

You have one alternative only.

Cancel the inspection lot, then reset it again.

The status will be changed REL from INSP again.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subramanian,

I must agree here with others. I think what could have happened is,

1. You are trying to record the results against inspection point.
  2. As soon as you click on Results in QA32, system throws inspection point window for entering identification.
  3. Here (after entering inspection point) you come to result recording screen
  4. If you do not record the results here and just save, system status changes to INSP
  5. Someone may draw the conclusion that results not recorded but system changed the status to INSP

Its standard SAP behavior and I do not think you have any alternative here.

By the way, how could you manage to delete / remove recorded results from inspection lot? When I tried I was stopped with following message

You cannot delete the entry here

Message no. QE481

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is ths stdn status, no way to change it , from REl direct to UD ICCO u can do.

regards

0 Kudos

Dear Gaur

In our Production server,Some of the inspection lots results not recorded.But Lot status found as INSP RREC instead of REL.That is the reason I am sking.- what are all the possible reasons for the above case.

Regards

Subramanian.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

INSP RREC, means ur result has been recorded already in the Worklist. Only u need to provide UD.

Regards

0 Kudos

Dear Gaur

There is no results found in the inspection lot,Lot found empty but lot status found as INSP RREC.

Thast why i am asking.Pls inform

Regards

Subramanian.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it may possible user first record the result and then remove it again. Check the status of MIC in RR screen.

regards

0 Kudos

Dear Gaur

It is not the case,User first recorded the result & remove it again.Actually user made an entry in the inspection point only of the respective inspection lot & not made any entry in inspection lot.So after entry in inspection point,Lot status changed from REL to INSP RREC.So how to overcome the problem & avoid inspection lot status changes without results recording.

Regards

Subramanian.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple....you said result were recorded first and then removed.

What exactly happens is once a result is entered ,status change automatically( means once status of any  char becomes 3 first time & you save the results -status becomes INSP)

Even you remove result ,status CAN NOT BE REVOKED.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As explained by Mr. Sujit, once status updated with result recording it will not be reversed. I tested it and found the same. May be that is the reason in this case.

Best regards,

Sharat

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

As already informed & once again informing you that - It is not the case , inspecion lot results recording made & removed.

Normally in inspection plan or Tasklist we have maintained inspection point which will display during results recording in inspection lot.So entries made only in inspection point and not against any characteristics of inspection lot leads to changes of lot status from REL to INSP RREC.How to avoid the same.

Pls inform

Regards

Subramanian.c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean when you enter result against Inspection point ( which is actually same set of MIC's)  , status of inspection lot should remain REL nad should not change to RREC. ???

How it is possible.??

When you make entries/ results aginst Inspection point or operation or lot ,Ultimetly they are stored against the MIC's.

So whatever status change you are expecting is NOT POSSIBLE !

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My dear frnd,

RR in inspection point is the part of recording result in lot, only the thing is that when u record the result in inspection point values updated in QASR table while if u recorded in Main screen then it will move to QAMR, once u recorded the result in inpsection point , system change the status as INSP from REL. System behaves correctly.

Once u confirmed ur Inspection point results then values average out and updated in QAMR .ie. Header table for recorded data.

check on IDES or on test server u may get correct idea abt the functioning.

Regards