Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI installation fails in creation index

nicola_martella2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi people.

I'm installing PI 7.3 EHP1 on Windows 2008 Server R2 and Oracle 11.2.0.3.

The setup wizard in the phase of execution, fails at the step "Import ABAP" during the following index creation step:

DbSl Trace: ORA-01452 occurred at SQL stmt (parse error offset=38)

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "IWREFERENC~0" ON "IWREFERENC" ( "ID" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3 STORAGE (INITIAL 0000000016K NEXT 0000000160K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) NOLOGGING COMPUTE STATISTICS )

DbSlExecute: rc = 99

(SQL error 1452)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-01452: cannot CREATE UNIQUE INDEX; duplicate keys found

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

Unfortunately, I haven't expertise in Oracle and I'm in trouble for this.

I tried to drop the index hoping that restarting the step it could be recreate but seems that the index doesn't exist

SQL> DROP INDEX "IWREFERENC~0";
DROP INDEX "IWREFERENC~0"
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01418: specified index does not exist

I tried too recreate the index like reported into the log but my inexperience doesn't help me.

SQL> (CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "IWREFERENC~0" ON "IWREFERENC" ( "ID" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3 STORAGE (INITIAL 0000000016K NEXT 0000000160K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) NOLOGGING COMPUTE STATISTICS );

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword

My question is, is this a SQL problem or I wrong something setuping the installation?

In any case, could you help me?

Thanks a lot and ciao

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

better reinstall the whole process (recommended).

But if you want to continue then search the table content 'IWREFERENC'  for the same key on field ID. compare the record and decide it by yourself which record will be deleted. then retry your installation. It should let you proceed.

SAPSR3.IWREFERENC --> fiedl ID --> backup and delete duplicated records from it. ( not recommended)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

Its always better to start the installation again by terminating the present one.

Even though the error is fixed you might face further issue while proceeding further.

Please download the dump again and start from scratch.

Regards,

Sandeep Singh

0 Kudos

Hello Nicola,

i guess the SAP note 23237 could help here (though it rather complicated)

The second option is to try the installation process from scratch...

Best regards and good luck.

Ilya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

Did the installation terminate at any point and was restarted? Cause of termination being something like a power outage ..

Regards.

Ruchit.