Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Budget

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

As per my calender the budget should be upto this dec'2012. And i have to start new budget for 2013 from jan. Should I change any customized settings for my profiles? Please let me know what are the possibilities avail for me to start new budget for 2013.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, in CJ30 check if you can see the option for year 2013 in the dropdown. Here you can specify budget as an overall figure or as an annual figure. In case you are not able to see the year 2013 in the dropdown, go to OPS9 and check the Timeframe i.e. Past & Future. Screenshot below for reference,

Change these values accordingly. Besides this there are a lot of other things you would have to consider. For e.g there would be some unused budget in the year 2012 which you would want to carry forward, there would be some commitments which you would want to carry forward etc. I would suggest you to refer SAP Help once to understand all these aspects and then go ahead.

Regards,

Gokul

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same setting in ops9 budget profile. like time frame past and future but when check with cj30 and select period 2013 or past future year bust results are still same as continue in this thread

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the information...

The Budget has to complete for Dec 2012. If any budget left,we will return or transfer that is not the question. The thing is We are planning to start new budget for 2013 and our calender starts from Jan to dec. Is there any possibility to provide budget month wise like Jan , Feb, Mar...etc,if so how can i do it? Please let me know whether i have to change any settings...

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

There is no monthly budget concept in standard SAP.

You can do one thing. Feed annual budget & Release it on monthly basis.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Thank you for the information. Its clear that there is no monthly budget concept. Is there any work around how to control the budget from Jan2013 to dec2013 (as per the user business requirement). Any possibilities to do so? Please share some inputs regarding this.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Though you can not control budget on monthly basis yet there are some other methodologies to control those transactions which affects budget data/s also within the budgeted period (Jan2013 to dec2013). System provides the functionality of "User Status Configuration" to control such transactions like PR,PO, GRN , Production Order etc.

You may yourself explore this functionality and think if it can suffice your requirements.

Regards

Ankur

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

This is exactly what my organization wants. they want to post the budget for the whole year and then release it Monthly/ can you please tell me how to do this?

For example at the beginning of 2014 for fund center "ABC" against commitment item "XYZ" a total of 12,000 USD Budget was posted for the whole year. and now every month they would like to release 1,000 USD. how can i do this? and will system stop me from posting in previous month? is there any check for that in FM as well were i can restrict posting in a particular Month?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your valuable information and hence closing the thread.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In sap ps, budgets are given as per fiscal year 2012  concept ie., 1st April - 2012 - 31st March 2013.

To my best knowledge you cannot have budgets as per your financial year.