cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to generate alerts based on XML failures ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a global customer with a multi tier supplier set up. It is not possible to have individuals monitoring XML failures through out the day. Is it possible to have some kind of an alert created in the system when an XML fails to post or errors out in APO system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what you are referring to. If you talk about SNC then it should be possible with the activation of alert '1125'. Afterwards you can restrict the creation of alerts to errors (not to get alerts with a successful posted XML message).

Moreover you can make use of CCMS - there you can also monitor alert 1125.

I tested quickly around with this and it creates the alerts. The only thing that was unclear is the partner dependency. I assumed I could see in the customer view of SNC all 1125 alerts. But some are visible in customer view, some in supplier view and so on.

Therefore check CCMS monitor for alert 1125 // if you are talking about SNC.

Best Regards

former_member194108
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

I would appreciate, if you can provide some details on the above solution.

I am facing the same proble of Monitoring Failed XML for ASN.

With warm regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I did the following:

- go to SPRO - 'Supply Network Collaboration' - 'Exceptions' - 'Alert Type Activation' - 'Activate Alert Types'

Here make an entry for Alert Type 1125 (=Process Monitoring)

- go to SPRO - 'Supply Network Collaboration' - 'Basic Settings' - 'Processing Inbound and Outbound Messages' - 'Restrict Alerts'

Here I specified: 'Gen. Alert for Error' (because I only want to have an 1125-alert for faulty processed XML messages and not for the others). You can make this decision on the basis of the individual XML message or for all (this is what I did).

When these settings are done the system will create alert 1125 if an XML-message was not processed succesfully.

--> You can check in table /SCMB/ALERT1125 and see the alerts there when they are created.

Now my idea was to use CCMS in order to send e-mails as notifications- please check below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SNC700_ehp01/helpdata/en/46/9d3fcc0cde371be10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

(XML Message Processing Monitor in CCMS)

Try also in SNC WebUI if you can see the created alerts in the Alert Monitor there - I can only see some of them but not all (which is strange - perhaps a bug or some kind of partner dependent filtering...). Therefore the idea with CCMS. If you can see all alerts for example in the customer view you can make use of the AMON standard alert notification engine in the WebUI of SNC to send e-mail notification.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Dominik