cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disp+Work memory comsuption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sometimes we note that a work process uses about 2.7GB of memory and when we look at the Tcode SM50 to see what is running there is nothing running, does anyone know why this happens?

Obs.: When we cancell the process using SM50 the process starts again at the Operational System using less memory,

Best Regards,

André Luiz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a batch process, then the behavior is controlled by abap/heaplimit (default 40mb), this means when a process consumed more than 40mb it will automatically be restarted and the heap memory will be freed. So check for abap/heaplimit.

Dialog work processes use shared memory (extended memory set by em/initial_size_MB). As this is shared memory it won't be freed unless you restart the whole application server. You may see a different number after restarting a process but this most probably doesn't mean much.

Only if the extended memory is exhausted dialog processes start using heap memory. This is called going PRIV. This should be avoided, as the process is blocked for all but the current SAP user. You can see this in SM50.

Cheers Michael

you may want to read the documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I´ll check the parameters,

Best Regards,

André Luiz

marcosmata
Participant
0 Kudos

i think When you have enough em/initial_size_MB, priv memory and heaplimit is not necessary.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The parameter abap/heaplimit was seted with a big value, we have changed the parameter and now the system is working fine, thanks all for the help,

Best Regards,

André Luiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

The phenomenon you described about memory usage and SM50 actually depends on the application which is demanding memory here. Is this for a custom Z program or a standard SAP program ?

Regards,

Samik

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Please note that you have posted into the wrong forum and I have therefore moved the thread.

The Business Intelligence Solution Architecture is for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI products

Thanks and Regards
Roland Hoeller

Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry about the mistake,

Best Regards,

André Luiz

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shouldn't this discussion be in a "basis" discussion space, or in one of the generic Netweaver spaces? Please let me know where you would like it moved and I'll be happy to move it.

Regards,

Ethan

(moderator)

marcosmata
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day,

1 - If you are using windows this could be a bug of windows controlling the workprocess.

2 - Its a distributed installation? remember a work process is in a Aplication server and you should see the task manager of that server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Marcos

Sorry about the missed information:

This is a Central System running: CI (Abap + Java) + Application Server + DB

DB: Oracle 10.2.0.4

SAP Kernel: 7.01 Level 117 UC

Best Regards,

André Luiz