cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With last version of PPM there is a functionality that allows to change a process of item, it means that you can increase o decrease the number of decision points of an item in the middle of its execution.

However, for me it is not clear what happen with items that has cProject projects linked?

Thanks a lot,

CAMILO URIBE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one node in Item type configuration wherein you can switch Item type from particular decision point if its active. I believe you can do the config in such way that you can add or reduce decision points by switching over appropriate item type.

Please update if you see any issue with this.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I understand that item can be switched to another item type by decision points, However, i do not what happen with the cproject project linked. If the phases are already approved, are them deleted because of switching the item to other item type?

Thanks,

CAMILO URIBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure nothing gets deleted if you have phase decision point synchronization in place, you need to define the phase - DP assignments for all the combinations. The phase which are approved appropriately mark the corresponding DP as completed and you can only switch over to the next item type with active DP.

I guess there will more complexity, if you have not mainatained Phase - DP synchronization.

Regards,

Pramod

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Camilo;

If you want to change your Project with the "Process Change", you have to make an Enhancement with a BADI.

The Process Change is a function that an Portfolio Item can change, because his Ítem Type change too, for another Ítem Type like "Out of Scope" or another "Critical Ítem", etc.

Please check also Manual SP09 in "Concept Phase Suppor (New)".

Best regards,

Mariano

Answers (0)