Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL-V in Streamwork deletes the data from the cell

I027093
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

When I try to copy a text from a cell it doesn't copy with CTRL-C and it changes the cell to a 'C'. With the result that the text is actually deleted and cannot be retrieved. The workaround I found was to right click and select Copy. However as habbits do, I do run into this often enough.

This didn't happen with the earlier versions of Streamwork. What has changed and will this be fixed?

Thanks and regards,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member26693
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roland,

The correct way to copy cell data is to ensure that the required data is highlighted (by double clicking on it) before pressing CTRL–C.

However in reality everyone runs into the issue and deletes data by mistake.

One workaround is to duplicate the table before editing. You can use this as a ‘master copy’ and revert to it if someone accidently deletes cell data or pastes multiple cells into the table, which over writes multiple fields in StreamWork.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Patrick Dinneen
Support Engineer

SAP Cloud Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is odd "feature" of StreamWork.  I ran into this also, there is no undo function and I'm told an Activity cannot be restored from backup.  I now have a loss of data.

Can you confirm that an Activity cannot be restored?

former_member26693
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

This is correct, anActivity cannot be restored.

There is not functionality to recover deleted items or restore an Activity.In the future at
some point, there will be a trashcan that deleted items will go to and the ability to pull items out of the trash unless it is emptied (much like the trashcan in Windows). This is
planned for a future release sometime in the first half of 2013 hopefully.

Currently,items can be locked to prevent deletion, but that renders the item uneditable as well.

Regards,  

Patrick Dinneen
Support Engineer

SAP Cloud Support

Answers (0)