cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Fields From Lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to be able to pull multiple fields from a lookup reference table into a tuple.  It should be a single selection versus a selection for each field.

How would I do this in SAP MDM?

I have a reference table:

I have this tuple in my main 'Vendors' table and want to be able to populate it with the values from my reference table.  So if the user selects on "type = 2", the type, code and name would all populate in the tuple.

Equifax Classification Tuple:

What I have happening right now is that only the Type field gets pulled in.  I want them all to be linked and populate after type is selected.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

As per my understanding, you want to populate other two fields of Tuple record based upon first field in tuple. I don't think you will be able to achieve this functionality in MDM. Reason is - Generally population of some value in one field based upon the value of other is achieved using MDM Assignments(though you have to trigger assignments manually). But in case of tuples, this would not be possible because you will not be able to select tuple field as assignment field. So you will not be able to achieve this through MDM capabilities.

But if you are using Portal and want to achieve the same in Portal, then it can be achieved using Java APIs and you would require to write code for that.

And your question regarding fetching multiple fields of Lookup table:

You can fetch multiple fields of lookup table but you can store it in single field itself. To fetch multiple fields, you have to make those fields(of lookup table) as Display fields in field properties.

Please let me know your concerns.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

As already suggested one way could be making Type,Code and Name as Display fields in the lookup table and not have Code and Name text fields in Tuple.

This would give you one field with result such as Small Business Enterprise;4;SBE.

It seems you have already maintained 2 display fields in the lookup i.e. Name and Type.

Otherwise Portal can also help in achieving this.

Thanks,

Ravi