cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping RFC Lookup - double output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a strange problem today with RFC Lookup. When I call the RFC I received a double output, two separate contexts with the same result.

Before the RFC call:

After the RFC call:

I have no idea where to investigate, can you help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I have discovered the mystery!

In my mapping, and maybe only in my PI 7.3 SP 5 , if I test the RFC Lookup with 'display queue' the RFC is called two times, otherwise, if I test the mapping in the TAB test the RFC is called one time!!!

Very strange, don't you think? ;D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that does seem odd.

Thanks for sharing the final discovery Antonello.

Please mark "helpful" to Raja and myself if you appreciated any help in troubleshooting.

-Aaron

vk_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, same for me!! In the runtime it is called only one time but when we execute with display queue it is called two times. Did you fix this or just left it ?

Regards,

Vkjoat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I confirm that the BAPI it's called two times, I used an external break point into the bapi and PI, I don't know in why, calls the BAPI two times. !!! :-S

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

something wrong with your mapping logic, really strange..can you check in display queue how manytimes RFC function called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I tried to call the RFC from SE37, BAPI_PRODORD_CREATE is a standard bapi to create a production order in SAP. With the same values of the rfc test from message mapping test in PI this is the result:

Only one record, not two!

Aron in the RWB the receiver RFC channel has two calls for one test from message mapping test !!! You can see two messages id at the same time:

So the RFC, maybe, it's called twice .. but why? O_o

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to leave all the input parameter and set, in the bapi, the values and run it, this is the result:

It's like the RFC it's called two times, very strange.

This is a new interface Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple more ideas,

When you run this function directly in sap GUI does it return a header row then detail?

Is the RFC actually being called twice in RWB RFC receiver channel?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think naything wrong with RFC lookup in PI, looks RFC BAPI returning multiple values .if you think response not correct.

1)Restart RFC receiver adapter and try.

2)Execute function module in ECC and ask ABAPer to debug,

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first time this issue happend or tested RFC lookup first time?If this interface is old and woked as expected then you need to do more analysys .

like test Function module in ECC and check results.

if it is new interface then try Aaron reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonello, have you tried collapsing context on all the inputs?

It looks like the constants are coming in at a different level, maybe this could cause it.