cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Number ranges for same Customer account group in different company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I am doing a roll out project for a different country with a new company code. Existing company code has a Customer account group Z001. I will be using the same Z001 but the number ranges should be different for the new company code. Is there any user exit to achieve this. Need your expert advices.

Regards,

Gopan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopan,

I dont think, you can create customers with different number ranges for the same account group basing on the company code.

the reason for the same is, when you create a customer master, to maintain the general data, you dont enter company code, so how system will know.. which company code it belongs to ?

Basing on the country, you can create the same, as country is the mandatory field in the customer master, without which you cannot create a Customer master.

If you want to do it in country of the customer (please remember country of the customer), theen you can develop a customer table with account group, country and number range number.

In the customer master user exit replace the number range number, when the above conditions are satisified.  During save, system will pick the next number from the new number range.

hope this clarifies.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you read:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/738838

I've never tried but it might be a good starting point!