cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing issue - need design help/suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We already have a pricing procedure in system and now business wants to introduce a new discount condition type after base price in starting.

There are more discounts / surcharges below it to get final NET VALUE.

NET value is used as a base to another statistical condition type lets say ZXYZ.

So when new discount condition Z123 comes after base price, all subsequent calculations till net value gets the affect.

Let me explain what I mean, in as-is time after normal base price, discounts, surcharges, net value comes as 100 INR (No Z123)

In to-be design requirement, after intro of 1 more new discount (Z123), Net value will be 90 INR for customer, but we still want to see that the base for ZXYZ should 100 INR and not 90 INR.

i think we can get this using a customized routine to achieve this. but i want to make sure is there any other way to do this or any other SAP functionality which can ease the derivation.

Thanks in Advance.

Kintu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

To achive your requriement, you have two options :

1. If you want to do this without writing a Pricing routine:

a. You need to create stat condition types all the existing condition type and get dummy net value

b. Then you actual calculation will happen along with new condition type and get actual net value

c. Now Refer dummy net value as base for your Sales Agent commission.

2. Develop a Alternative Condition base value routine, in which you cn determine the alternative condition base value by reading the required fields from the pricing structure :

for example:

Base pice  = Price +dis + other chanrges....etc..... this will mgive the base value and on this base value your commission can be calculated.

I advice you to go for the second option.

Hope this clarifies

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Insert Z123 as required. Let ZXYZ be calculated with the revised net value. Below it add one more statistical condition type (say ZABC) that will be calculated by adding Z123 and the revised net value. So ZABC will give you the value that you want for ZXYZ.

In case, you still want ZXYZ and not ZABC to give you that statistical figure that you may be using, inter-change ZABC and ZXYZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for reply. I have your book with me from a long tim .

I got you but situation is little different here. There are more discounts & surcharges below Z123 (%age & value based) which contributes to NET VALUE.

CASE 1: TO- BE

ZBase value = 100

Z123 (new disc) = 10% = 10

Net =90

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 9

net = 81

ZDisc0unt 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 81

now with implementation of Z123 my net is coming 81.

CASE 2 : AS -IS

if NO Z123 then how it happens today is:

ZBase value = 100

Net =100

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 10

net = 90

ZDiscount 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 85

As of today 85 INR used for sales commission purpose down the line in PP, when we implement Z123, commission becomes 81.

Requirement is to implement Z123 discount , but value going for commission shud be 85 as if Z123 was not there.

I am thinking of two options:

1. Create a routine in lets say ZSAL (sale commission which refers net value) which execute the pricing steps till net value ignoring Z123.

2. Create a custom pricing type (SAP hasgiven space from X to 9), like calculate net price without Z123, put in a routine and attach to Z123.

What are your thoughts ??

Thanks

Kintu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have one more condition type as Z456 which would be 100% of Z123 and this should be placed above the net value.

Needless to mention, you also need to explain how your financial postings should be

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

it does not solve the purpose. Everything shown below is expected and hits FI postings ok.

ZBase value = 100

Z123 (new disc) = 10% = 10 (this may be XX %)

Net =90

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 9

net = 81

ZDisc0unt 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 81

The only requirement is that we still need to pass the amount which could have been calculated without Z123 for sale commission i.e 85 INR. {today ZDISC1 gets applicable on 100 but after Z123 is introduced ZDISC1 will act on 90, so amount differs for below condition types)

ZBase value = 100

Net =100

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 10

net = 90

ZDiscount 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 85

I hope i am able to explain the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try a parallel set of statistical condition types. Something like this:

ZBase value = 100
Net =90
subtotal 1 = ZBASE
ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 9
YDISCOUNT 1 = 100 % of ZDiscount1 = 10% of Subtotal1 = 10
net = 81
Subtotal 2 = Subtotal 1 - Ydiscount 1
ZDisc0unt 2 = -5 = -5
Ydiscount 2 = 100 % Zdiscount 2
Net Value = 81
Subtotal 3 = Subtotal 2 - Ydiscount 2
Former Member
0 Kudos

Try removing the subtotal field, if any, assigned to Z123.

Else use the step no. of ZBASE as the input to ZDisc1. By this way ZBASE amount 100 will be taken for 10% discount.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Requirement is to implement Z123 discount , but value going for commission shud be 85 as if Z123 was not there.

I understand that in the TO-BE process you want to have the net value calculated as 81 as in the above example. But, where do you want to see the value 85 in the same example of  'TO-BE' given above. Do you want to have both 81 and 85 in the same pricing screen? If yes, what is the role/purpose of these two values 81 and 85?

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You are right. I want to see 81 as net value but there is another statistical condition which refers the net value (lets say it is condition type ZSAL)

ZSAL should still pick 85 instead of 81 seen above.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ZBase value = 100

Net =90

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 9

net = 81

ZDisc0unt 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 81

ZBase value = 100

Net =100

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 10

net = 90

ZDiscount 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 85

In the above first case, you have not considered ZDiscount2 whereas, in the second case, you have considered.  Can you please reconfirm what you posted is correct ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G.L.

I think i missed considering Zdisc2. It is a value discount and very well considered in Net total. In case 1 Net Value should come as 76.

ZBase value = 100

Net =90

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 9

net = 81

ZDisc0unt 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 76

ZBase value = 100

Net =100

ZDiscount 1 = 10% = 10

net = 90

ZDiscount 2 = -5 = -5

Net Value = 85