Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OIF Configuration for EHS and Mandatory Fields

jack_boers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with a customer who has SAP EHS which uses FPM and this is my first introduction to FPM.  One of the Configurations (which all use generic WD) has been modified by adding another form on a tab.  There is a feeder class, which currently has no values in it's Mandatory fields parameter.  If I enter a list of fields in this parameter then those fields on the screen display the * and act like a mandatory field.

But there are other mandatory fields on the screen.  Only one has the * displayed, and the others have no indication that they are mandatory other than causing the Save to fail when they are not filled and they have the Mandatory Field message in place of the tooltip.

I cannot find where these fields are defined as Mandatory, and can't see why they don't display the *.  Where do I find/modify these fields?

I have checked CT_FIELD_USAGE and ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION and neither table has the Mandatory flag set for these fields.

I also need to be able to dynamically define some fields as Mandatory at run time based on the value of other fields, and need the * to be added to the field label as well as act as a manndatory field.  Where do I add this? Do I do this in the feeder class and if so how/where or do I do this elsewhere, given that we cannot modify the Generic Web Dynpro?

I really appreciate any help.

Cheers

JUack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jack,

I don't know your application but it's of course possible that a field is not marked as mandatory and saving results in an error message though. In this case, the error message is not raised automatically by FPM/ WD ABAP but must have been raised by the application coding.

Normally, a feeder field (for example of a Form GUIBB) can be marked as mandatory by setting the indicator MANDATORY to 'X' in the field definition table of the feeder method GET_DEFINITION. In order to enforce an automatic check of such mandatory fields you have to set the indicator 'Check mandatory' in the General Settings of your GUIBB configuration.

At runtime the properties of your feeder fields can be changed in feeder method GET_DATA. For example, a feeder field that was not mandatory before can be made mandatory by setting the indicator MANDATORY for the respective feeder field in the changing parameter CT_FIELD_USAGE of the method. Don't forget to indicate any changes that you have performed in the field usage table by setting the exporting parameter EV_FIELD_USAGE_CHANGED of method GET_DATA to the value 'X'. Otherwise the GUIBB runtime will disregard your changes.

0 Kudos

'Check mandatory' in the General Settings of your GUIBB configuration.   - it helped me! thanks!