Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Overwritten when using /sapapo/rtsinputcube add data indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good day!

I have a question on how rtsinputcube behaves when you are using add data indicator. I have an issue where existing data is overwritten when trying to load data from different infocube with this indicator.

Sample data:

Product A: current date = Aug 30

KF1 = 100 on Aug 30 (from Infocube 1) - without add data flag

KF2 = 50 on Sept 3  (from Infocube 2) - with add data flag

What I did is load the product A for KF1 using input cube with a horizon of D-5 to current date: you can see the data in planning book as Product A for KF1 = 100 on Aug 30.

Next step is I load product A for KF2 using input cube with a horizon of current date to future: when you check in planning book, data was overwritten.

I am expecting that existing data will still remain, because there are no overlapping of dates on the product values (one is Aug 30 and the other one is Sep 3) considering I am using add data. As far as I have understood, KF2 values should only be added in KF1 (as there are no data for KF2 in Aug 30, KF1 will still have 100 values)

Can you advise? I think I am just missing the real functionality of inputcube if I am not mistaken.

Thanks a lot for your good help!

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Have you tried under additional settings for rtsinput checking the tick boxes for 'Ignore Initial Values' and 'Values are ignored outside the given time period'?

Kind Regards

Alistair Glover.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alistair,

Perfect! It solved my issue.. I'm right I missed the program functionality..

Thanks a lot for your response..

Kris

Answers (0)