cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM 7.1 Technical monitoring-notification only for red alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is anyone of you aware of possibility to send email notif only for red alerts triggered in technical monitoring in SM 7.1? I can;t find such an option. I can see in sap help that it's possible for BPM and Job Monitoring, but Im missing it for tecnical monitoring. Thanks a lot for your tips.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Julius,

One thing you can do as of now, is that to configure alerts directly from "Green to Red", don't include yellow. This is what I did for few of my alerts

You can do this from solman_setup -> technical monitoring -> templates maintenance -> metrics -> threshold values.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hanfi

Former Member
0 Kudos
jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you try changing the threshold for your Metrics in the custom template  to only to calculate alert for change from green to Red

Technical monitoring> template maintenance> select the metric > change settings

Threshold  TYPE : Numeric Threshold (Green/Red)

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

This functionality, i.e. Alert Mails for only Red Alerts are available from SolMan 7.1 SP9, not before than that.

For lowere versions, if you want to enable this capability, you need to implement a BADi, but have not heard of any success stories around this BADi approach, so far.

So, please wait for SP9, as I am

Thanks,

Hanfi

ZhangMingquan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanfi,

Thank you for the informaion, Solution Manager 7.1 SP10 now has this setting.

But to customize the email content, it seems BADI is the only way.

Best regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Solman_setup -> Technical Monitoring -> Step 3 Template Maintenance

Choose your custom templates, which you created for technical Monitoring -> Check on the notifcation tab and Alerts tab -> Select Expert Mode

for BPMon we have red alert only check box

Setting Up Alert Notifications - SAP Documentation

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jansi,

Thanks for reply. I already checked settings you are referencing to, but unfortunately there is no such an option as in BPMon so far. I discussed it with SAP and got feedback that they will consider it as a feature in next SPs.

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

you might have to implement the email BAdI to achieve this...

Please see my post for step-by-step implementation of this BAdI

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31819

within the post, there is code but for your scenario you might have to change the code a little to ensure you only entertain the RED rating alerts.

hope this helps.

Deepak