cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes on the Taxonomy level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to import the GS1 product taxonomy to the MDM. GS1 has attributes associated with the lowest taxonomy level - brick. Each brick has its own attributes for example:

Brick: Coffee/Tea/Substitutes – Beans/Ground <i>Attributes: Origin of Coffee, Formation, If Decaffeinated, If Organic...</i>

Brick: Juice Drinks – Not Ready to Drink (Shelf Stable) <i>Attributes: Juice Content Percentage, Type of Juice…</i>

My question: is there a way to have different attributes for different products based on the classification or do I have to create a data model with ALL the attributes and than for each product populate only the few attributes that make sense for this type of products?

Thank you,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

you go with the second option. Means, you create a superset of all attributes (this is done in Taxonomy mode). Then you create your taxonomy (some people call it alos classification). For each taxonomy element you can link now selected attributes to it. If you assign later on a product to a taxonomy element, then this product has automatically the attributes of the assigned taxonomy element. Now you can populate the attributes for each individual product.

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thank you for the answer. One more question: how do I link attributes to the taxonomy?

Thank you again,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to be in Taxonomy mode to link attributes to Category.

Refer to Page 389 of the Data Manager Reference guide MDM SP4.

You may have to pay attention to the Inheritance of Attributes.

Attributes attached to the top level category are inherited by default by the low level category.

Answers (0)