Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Storage category for documents

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I checked the information provided in IMG Customizing -> Document Management -> General Data -> Settings for Storage systems and it is stated as below for Default Storage category usage.

You can minimize storage work by entering a default storage category in the user specific settings.

What is the Parameter ID that can be used for 'Storage Categories', so that I can enter it in SU01 -> Parameters tab?.

Note: Tried searching for Parameter ID for Storage Category using SE11 -> Data Type (SDOK_STCAT) -> Further Characteristics tab, but, ended with no result.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be better to setup configuration under 'Profiles' in order to achieve this functionality. You can make the setting under IMG Customizing -> Document Management -> General Data - Define Profile.

Here you can default the storage category for each file type based on security role or user ID. Have you tried this?

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Shobhit,

Thanks for your response.

Followed the below notes from help.sap when clicked F1 on 'Check in' field for doc. type status:

Originals automatically checked in

Indicator controls that original files are automatically checked into a storage category when saving this status.

Use

This method saves you manually storing original files while processing the document info record. In this way you can store processiing statuses in a secure area.

Dependencies

You can select one fo the following storage areas: The systems uses the same secure areas as defaults when the original files have already been stored in a secure area.

If the original files have never been stored in a secure area you will see a dialog box where you must set the storage area.

If a default value exists for the storage area in the user-specific settings the system stores the original files in a storage category of a storage system.

See also: Define profile

From the above - I believe, both 'Checkbox' at status level & assigning the User in Define   are needed for this functionality to work.

Closing the issue.

-Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

Please mark topic as answered and assign points if my response was helpful.

Regards,

Shobhit

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am having an issue related to User specific storage. The User specific storage location option is working fine as in - When a new document is being created by the User, and clicked on Check-in icon, it selects the Default storage category defined for the profile in 'Define Profile' step in DMS customizing. But, the issue here is - the system stores the documents in the Storage path specified in 'Data Carrier' PC path (in trx DC20), regardless of the user logged in.

Ex: We would like to have User1 - Storage location / Content repository (Path defined in OAC0 and assigned to a Storage category1 in OACT).

User2 - Storage location / Content repository (Path defined in OAC0 and assigned to a Storage category2 in OACT).

Q-1: We just have a storage path for Data carrier type PC in DC20 and not the user assigned PC exactly. Is this where I need to assign the desired Storage path specific to User's PC to make the Storage functionality work properly?.

Q-2: If the storage process picks the path specified in Data carrier (PC) trx: DC20 - regardless of 'Storage Category' selected while processing the document in CV01/02N, then we can't use the purpose for which the 'Storage Category' is created (Ex: Separate storage areas for Business transaction documents, User Training Manuals, Technical specifications, Drawings etc..).

Note: Please note that the following values have been given for the below parameters in OAC0 for all the Content repositories:

Document Area: DMS Document Management system

Storage Type: 03 SAP System Database

Rep. Sub-Type: Normal

Version No: 0045

Contents Table: DMS_CONT1_CD1

Please clarify.

-Thanks