cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Configuration for GRC notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have set up all the SMTP settings but when using Tx SCOT all emails are still listed under error.

Is there any other File that needs to be modified/edited other than the .PFL file.

I added the ICM/SMTP/** and IS/SMTP/** requirements.

I have also set the email accounts and users in su01, scot,  default domain.

Not sure what could be causing the emails to not be sent. Is there a way that I could test the routing?

Thanks

Nish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishalan,

There can be a possibility that SMTP settings are not correct, we can cross check the same by sending a test mail through SAP business workplace. If this mail comes in SOST with green status then there is possibly an error with GRC settings only otherwise we need to check the SMTP settings again.

Please follow the steps below:-

1) login to R/3

2)go to Menu-->business workplace

3)select New Message in the header

4) send the test mail by selecting recepient type as Internet or External. Screnshoot given below:-

Add the recepient and then select the type.

If the entry in SOST comes in green then it needs to be checked with GRC settings otherwise it is surely a SMTP settings issue.

Regards,

Akhil Chopra

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Kindly check the mail host, mail port settings and also enable the 'Node in use' checkbox.(Execute transaction scot, open INT-> SMTP. double-click on SMTP icon)

In the supported address types, select internet and click set.The SAPconnect Address type for node dialog screen appears.In the address area, enter an asterisk (*) and confirm all the entries in the dialog boxes.Select Settings -> Confirmation of Receipt from the menu.It is highly recommended that you only send a receipt confirmation while you are testing the email message function. You should then deactivate this option in the live system.

Kind Regards,

Saksham

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishalan,

Kindly check if the email account is setup for the user WF-Batch.A valid email address should be assigned to this user so that the emails are properly received by the GRC box.

Kind Regards,

Saksham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saksham,

I have set an email for WF-Batch. (Tx SU01 - "Address" tab - Email and Comm Meth. )

The error I get when sending a mail is as follows:

Status for Recipient :<<my email address>>

Message cannot be transferred

to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

Thanks for the response.

Regards

Nish

ciaran_heffron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

This error you are receiving is because there is a connection error between the SAP system and mailserver,

I would say you are receiving error XS816 in SOST?

Can you please ensure you have all settings as per note 455140? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ciarán