cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Router

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Our Current setup the internal users will not go though sap router. only SAP want to connect to our system though internet it uses sap router.

I want to know what is the best practice that internal users also want to go though the sap router if yes what configuration should i do ?

thanks

priyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it's pretty straight forward.. Just install a saprouter onto some machine, enter the correct properties into the saprouttab and change the saplogon on all front-ends so the saprouter string will be used.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I really wanted to know. Is there any advantage using sap router for Internal Users. Providing security from the internal network to the SAP system.

Thanks all of you.

I think SAP Router only use for securing the external communication with SAP application. Am I correct?

reg

PRIYAN

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyan,

A Saprouter can be use internally too... for example in a WAN situation, but generally security within your own organization Local Area Network is provided by the logon credentials given to your Users.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depends on its usage, your network parameters, etc, simple use of sap router to enhance security is possible.

A simple security measure to limit access from user can be done through with it:

e.g. limit wokstations are allowed access to SAP servers . Then configure the SAP hosts firewall to refuse connection through certain port unless it from certain IPs (include sap router host) or subnet. Add some security measures on network level to prevent IP spoofing.

IMHO, certain security level is archieveable with saprouter usage. But with only this tool, it is not enough to archive enterprise level security

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thank you very much giving advise me.

My issue is : the saprouter providing aditional security while connecting with sap application. Currently we only configured saprouter to sap support.

Can we use sap router to provide security for the internal users. I mean LAN.?

Thanks

priyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Adjust appropriate your saprouttab and SAP logon

Regards

Roman

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we use sap router to provide security for the internal users. I mean LAN.?

I don't get that... there is no advantage in using a SAPRouter for your Local Area Network

What sort of security boost are you expecting?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly, there should be a feature to add password to connection in saprouttab entry. Minimal -> but better than none

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to know what is the best practice that internal users also want to go though the sap router if yes what configuration should i do ?

It's certainly possible, but usually this is not recommended... simply because users outside your network will have dynamic IP addresses which will make very difficult to keep security tight... Ideally you should have your settings in saprouttab configured so only essential IP's and ports are allowed and the rest denied access.

A much better option is to use a VPN connection or Citrix for your users to work remotely.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priyan

Internal users wants to connect through SAP Router??????

Can elaborate your question.

Rgds

Khalid