cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi everybody I have a 3 systems landscape (ERP: DEV-QAS-PRO) and last week I realized an homogenous copy from PRO:500 to QAS:300. How can I realize this copy if I want to copy from PRO:500 to DEV:120. DEV has 100 and 120 clients, can I preserve client 100 and copy only over 120? thnks in advance

p.d. All systems are installed on Windows2008 and SQL server 2008

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

I agree with Vishal. If you want production data to be in DEL 120 only then please go ahead with Client copy instead of Homogeneous copy.

For the client copy you do it in two ways,

1. Client export and Import Method

2. Remote client copy.

You can use the appropriate method, but we usually follow remote client copy for the SAP_ALL profile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've made homogeneous copy from PRO to QAS (I copied productive data) using homogenous copy guide

How can I do this remote client copy? It would be useful for me and sounds that is a shorter way to do it

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You can do the remote client copy from the transaction from the transaction SCC9.

Login to the target client (DEV 120) and run the transaction SCC9 this will give a option to select the Source system. You can select your PRD 500 here and start the copy. Please make sure that you take care of your pre-client copy steps like , exporting the user master, RFC etc of DEV120, which you need to retain after the client copy.

Prerequisites for this method is there should be a active RFC from DEV to PRD.

Hope this help you.

All the best.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I will try with this TC next time

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcosmata
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you should do a CLIENT COPY instead of a SYSTEM COPY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Juan,

"homogenous copy from PRO:500 to QAS:300"

Please clarify you did system refresh / client copy?

" I want to copy from PRO:500 to DEV:120. DEV has 100 and 120 clients, can I preserve client 100 and copy only over 120? "

What data you want to copy from PRO 500 to Dev 120?

If you need only customizing data, then you can go for client copy, be informed that it wont copy the repository objects.

If you are planning system refresh, then you first

export the Dev 100 client-->restore the PRO database On Dev  --> Import the exported cleint 100.

But with this approch you will loose version management of Dev, please donot forget to export the version management which is very important for Dev systems, if you are planning to refresh Dev DB with PRO DB.

Cheers,

Vishal