cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedule lines confirmation

0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I would like to ask your advise about the following issue I faced recently.

I try to create a sales order with delivery date in the past.The system create for an item two shedule lines.

one schedule line is not confirmed (for the date in the past) and the second one is confirmed for the current date (date of document creation)

Availability check is switched off. there is no requirement transfer activated.The material isn't batch handled.

Would you please advise whether it's a normal system behaviour or there is something what might be customized somehow in order to let the quantity be confirmed regardless of delivery date.

Thank's in advance.

Kind regards

Vitaly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

If you are creating Sales order today, you can deliver the goods today or later, but not yesterday.

As the avaialbility check is off, it is not checking whether stock is there or not, it is ssimply giving today's date as delivery date.

If you try to request the delivery in the pase, system by default will change that to today's date.

The reason for this is, SAP's code is having lot of validations like :

Confirmation date should be after material avaialbility date...etc

Hope this claarifies.

Regards

Raju

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is you are not allowing dates in the past so when the system is doing the scheduling, it toggles to a forward scheduling and executes a scheduling based on today's date.

To allow dates in the past, go to transaction OVLY and ensure the "Backwards" flag is set for the relevant order type. This will ensure that the system only executes a backward scheduling based on the entered delivery date and will not toggle to a forward scheduling based on today's date.

0 Kudos

Hello Noel,
Thank's a lot. OVLY was exactly what I needed in this situation.

Kind regards
Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

This is standard behaviour, hence delivery date is in past, MAD will be in past, that is not possible, so system creates new schedule line with current date MAD even without ATP check.

Regards,

Goyal

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you certain there is no availability check being executed?

Can you set a breakpoint at function availability_check_controller? If this breakpoint is then hit while you create the sales order, then the availability check is being executed....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally the Availability check is carried out when the Item needs to be confirmed on a delivery date.

If in your system ,it's switched off,then there must be a customised Code written to default the Delivery to Today's date and confirm the Items.

Thanks and Regards,

Umesh Karane