Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Services Instant Messaging Doesn't Work - Portal 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have followed this steps:

Activating Services for Real-Time Collaboration in the Ajax Framework Page

1. In the portal, choose Content Administration -> Portal Content Management .You reach the Portal Content Studio.

2. In the Portal Catalog, choose Portal Content -> Portal Users -> Standard Portal Users -> Ajax Framework Page.

3. Choose Properties  All, and then select the All Properties category from the Show Category dropdown list.

4. Choose Modify Properties in the upper right-hand corner of the Property Editor.

5. Activate the Enable Real-Time Collaboration property.

6. Save your entries.

7. To display the page content and layout settings for the Ajax Framework Page, choose Page.

8. Select the AFP Masthead iView, and then choose Open in the context menu.

9. Choose All, and then select the All Properties category from the Show Category dropdown list.

10. Activate the Show Link in Masthead: Collaborate property, and save your entries.

Finally, the portal masthead contains the link for launching the CLP.  Also I have activated the RTC service type in the Synchronous Collaboration Framework and configure Real-Time Collaboration.

follow this steps:

1. In the portal, choose System Administration -> System Configuration -> Collaboration -> Synchronous Collaboration Services -> Activated Service Types

2. Activate the following service types:
     - RTC Application Sharing

- WebEx Meeting Center

However, When I try send instant message to other portal users nothing happen. (all users appear online into Portal), But the pop-up window doesn't open.

I review the portal log into NWA and this shows a error:

'Send Instant Message' was launched while SAP Real-Time
Collaboration capabilities are disabled. . Contact your portal administrator for
details.

Please help me.

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have opened a note to SAP and this is your answer.

I have made some configurations that were missing, now instant messagingworks properly:

PCD Inspector (System Administration -> Support ->Portal

Content Directory -> PCD Inspector).

# Browse into: portal_content -> every_user -> general -> frameworkpage

# Open com.sap.portal.toolAreaiView with option "PropEditor"

# Select the property: "EnableRtcSessionManager"

# Select the link "edit" Change the property value to "true"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dayana,

Please make sure that the RTMF service is up and running.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/03/80a74052033713e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

follow the configuration from this link for both "Instant Messaging" and "Application Sharing".

Best Regards,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

I am also facing the same issue as mentioned by Dayana. I also checked the RTMF service. Its up and running.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Agamani