cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expense type in schema, not available in drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created 16 new expense types with corresponding wage types. These are associated with 7 different schemas. Transported the data to QA and when doing table compares of:

T706B1

T706S_RECEIPT

T706B4

T706K

all of the data is the same as DEV. However, when one of the schemas is selected during creation of a TRIP, the new expense type is not available. The delimiter of valid to/from is correct from 2011-9999.

This is the first expense type created from scratch since the consultants have left the premises   I know there has to be a config step I am missing, but cannot determine what it is.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - no response on this post yet so I logged a message with SAP. 2 days worth of back and forth with the analyst to come to the conclusion that this is considered a "consulting" issue and not supported by our montly support contract. She was insistent this is a consulting/customizing error. I have been advised we did not customize this module - that it is standard SAP setup.

If it is a consulting issue - that is what I am looking for....A setup that was missed during my setup of these new expense types. Below are the steps that I performed. If anyone sees something missing, PLEASE let me know!

1.     Create expense type: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Master Data/Travel Expense Types/Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts

2.     Add required fields: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Dialog and Travel Expenses Control/Dialog Control/Field Control for Additoinal Receipt Information

3.     Restrict by Schema: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Dialog and Travel Expenses Control/Dialog Control/Restrict Trave Expense Types for Trip Schemas

4.     Create New Wage Type: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Integration of Travel Management with Payroll/Wage Types/Create Wage Type Catalog

5.     Create Wage Type to Expense Type: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Wage Types for Interfaces/Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts

6.     Link to GL Account: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Transfer to Accounting/Define Assignment of Wage Type to Symbolic Account

7.     Convert Symbolic to Expense Account: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/ Transfer to Accounting/Conversion of Symbolic Account to Expense Account

0 Kudos

Hi Kim

Hopefully we found the solution for this now with changing the date!

Best of luck and kind regards

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, 1999 and 9999 are very different.

Thanks again!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

i have the same issue here; how did you solve it!!

please advice; Anas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anas,

In Kims case, it was only that the validity of the Expense Type was 1999 and not 9999. Can you describe us what exactly the issue you have? Maybe you have entries in table V_T706S_RECEIPT?

This limit the expense type per trip schema.

Best Regards,

Raynard