cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTP with assembly planning with CDP characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on scenario CTP with assembly planning with CDP characteristics.

The FG is planning procedure maintained is “3” (Cover dependent requirements immediately)

The SFG is planning procedure maintained is “1” (Manual with check)

Both FG and SFG are material variants. Some characteristic values are propagating from FG to SFG.

(PDS is maintained)

Forecasts are maintained on SFG. MRP run on SFG triggers planned orders.

Requirement is when Sales order created for FG; CTP check should look for existing SFG stock/receipts and confirm the delivery date accordingly.(also consume SFG forecasts)

Issue is:

Even though the stock and receipts available on current date, the dependent demands are pegged to future receipts, instead of today’s available stocks/receipts.

Kindly provide your inputs what would be the issue root cause.

Thanks in advance,

Krish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Krish,

i would check if the existing stock or receipts are peggable by the new demand. Or if they are already pegged by another demand. You can do this with the pegging overview. what is currently pegged to the receipts? Can you manually repeg the receipt to the new demand? Is there a characteristic alert?

the system can only peg if the characteristics of the demand and the receipt match.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank/DB,

Thanks for your valuable reply on this. I have ensured all settings mentioned in the documents are maintianed correct but the behaviour is still same.

I have written this issue to SAP and waining for reply.

I will update you accordingly once i hear from SAP.

Thanks once again for your support.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tho

This behavior can be affected by the settings in the Demand > Pegging tab of the product master of the materials where you are having the pegging problem.  I suspect you want your Pegging strategy to use first-in-first-out logic.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB 49,

Thanks for you quick reply. I have maintained pegging strategy "first in first out" for both FG and SFG and still the behavior is same.

As a test when I create some planned orders interactively for FG in product view, the dependent demands in SFG are pegging to existing receipts correctly (as per the required dates in order) and forecast consumption is also correct.

But this is not happening during CTP check. during CTP check the dependent demands are pegging to far future receipts though the receipts are available on current date.

Is some thing issue in CTP related settings?..Please provide any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krish,

It's kind of hard to say from a distance. There are dozens of variables; and I don't know enough about the details of your solution to advise you.

When you create a planned order manually, you are normally using the Strategy Profile you have configured for Interactive Planning.  A real common one is SAP002.  Within that strategy are many settings that affect pegging of components. 

During a CTP check,  you are using the strategy profile you have configured in Global Settings for PP/DS for CTP.  A common one is SAP_CTP.  Again, within that strategy are pegging-related settings.  You can review strategy profile details in /SAPAPO/CDPSC1.

When you perform a CTP check, you normally also plan immediately with a heuristic.  A common CTP heuristic is SAP_PP_CTP, which also contains settings that will affect pegging of components.  You can review Heuristic details in /SAPAPO/CDPSC11.

These and other factors, such as the Pegging interval, and, in your case, the propagation of characteristics, all can have an impact on Pegging.

I suggest you read SAP online help about pegging to get an understanding of the major pegging variables.  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/de/d70f3a57b38c0fe10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Also there is some good stuff about pegging under CTP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/64/7294375960a42be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Best Regards,

DB49