SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice and payment update in payment budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've been presented with the following business requirement:

The client needs a custom Availability Control ledger based on the payment budget. We are using profile 350 since we also use commitment budget.

In this custom ledger we need invoices which are due within 2 months and payments (value types 54 and 57) to update.

We manage to control the updated considering the due date with the badi BAdI: Enhance Filter Settings for Availability Control.

Now, however, we are having a problem with invoices which have the due date within 2 months and are already cleared with a payment document. For these documents both the invoice and the payment document are getting updated in the ledger.

Do you know if there is a way to exclude the invoices which are already cleared?

Regards,

Filipe Valente

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, you can use a BADI FMAVC_ENTRY_FILTER, where you can set filter for either budget or posting values to update AVC ledger. You can trace the documents which are cleared and thu, excluding them from the ledger. However, I'm not quite sure I got your business scenario: why these invoice should not consume your payment budget?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your fast reply.

If these invoices consumed the payment budget, both the invoice and the payment document are getting updated as consumed values.

For example:

I have an invoice of 100 EUR, which as due date of 30-08-2012, so its consuming my payment budget.

If this invoice gets paid today, and since the invoice and the payment documents are updating the consumed values, I'll get 200 EUR of consumption.

Going back to your answer can you please help me understand how "You can trace the documents which are cleared and thu", in interface IF_EX_FMAVC_ENTRY_FILTER do your have any parameter to do that?

Regards,

Filipe

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, your budget will be consumed only once, as payment '57' will reduce the value on '54', while creating a new record in FMIFIIT table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Eli, your right. The problem here is:

If the invoice as the due date within 2 months, when we pay it we get

Invoice                 54           5 € (since its within 2 months we consider it for the payment budget)

Payment              54           -5 €

57           5 €

Total                                      5 €

If the invoice as the due date further the 2 months but for any reason we pay it now we get:

Invoice                 54           0 € (since its futher than the 2 months we do not consider it for the payment budget)

Payment              54           -5 €

57           5 €

Total                                      0 €

And alternative I see here, is to exclude the movement Payment 54 when the invoice as a due date further than the two months.

For this I would need to trace the due date of the invoice.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, you might see a shifting in periods, but it's never zero. If you process payments manualy via FMF0, you can even avoid the shifting. With on-line update, I'm not completely sure, but should be feasible as well.

Regards,

Eli